How are yis all hiding not drinking on Paddys Day

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Wannabe Posts: 181
All our friends texting and ringing to see what our plans are for Saturday, Hubby was just saying last nite, that if im drinking water, they will guess straight away !! I usually drink beer, unless i go for non alcoholic becks, just interested in seeing how everybody else is hiding it !!
round two Posts: 1018
Hiya, I will actually be away with hubby so I can get away with it. I had the same thing this weekend with a do we had to go to. I started off by drinking becks in a glass and they all thought it was Millar. I then switched to soda water and lime and said there was a vodka in it. Always made sure that I didn't need a drink unless it was mine or hubbys round. I also nursed a half glass of wine during dinner and kept being the one to top people up and even one friend passed a comment that she was tyring to keep up with me drinking the wine.... if they oly knew ?
Elliecat Posts: 2725
[quote="Hope07":316ma0gr] I also nursed a half glass of wine during dinner and kept being the one to top people up and even one friend passed a comment that she was tyring to keep up with me drinking the wine.... if they oly knew ?[/quote:316ma0gr] This is a good ploy. Friends of ours came out for a meal one night with us and he kept topping me up all night, I was thinking Jeez, she's putting it away tonight - not realising she was sipping a half glass all night!! They confessed to feeling really bad a few weeks later to getting me absolutely legless without realising it :o0 !!!
peasebloosom1 Posts: 319
you could tell them you gave it up for lent or get a can empty it out and fill with coke i used to do this at parties so ppl would see me with a can of bulmers all night but i would have been drinking coke or club lemon
NotHere Posts: 10273
I'm probably going to be on anti-biotics this weekend :o0
lenadmp Posts: 139
My mum has given up all wine for lent!! (hmm hope shes not pregnant too- shes 61??)
Chica1 Posts: 793
Could you be driving? If you could manage to stay in a round with your hubbie, then you can pretend that you're drinking beer or a short or whatever and no one else will have to buy you a white minus the vodka. As one of the other posters said, try the antibiotics one either; u could have a kidney infection. Having said all of that, depending on how perceptive your friends are, one of them could still guess anyhow.
little mrs sunshine Posts: 5523
DH is going away tomorrow for 5nights so my friend is coming Saturday to stay. I am telling her our news when I see her. Can't wait to tell her. :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
Rocky Posts: 465
On the drinking, I was out last week with friends and i just told them all i'd collect them so did the driving instead and nobody noticed a thing.
Christmas B Posts: 6191
My excuse is working so far............ Lent!!!!