How are you doing evening invites

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Drummerswife Posts: 3497
Ok im stuck on evening invites. First question what time are you putting on evening invites. Our invites are personalised (as in each persons name is typed on it) there is a good bit of work involved in them. And the paper used in the main section is quite unique (Its like a mirror) So we have quite a few evening invites and I don't know what to do. We don't really have a guest list for the evenings as there is so many people and we don't really mind who comes. Its kind of "If you want to come feel free". We have plenty of space (approx 200 extra people can come) So do I - * put the same amount of work into each evening invite and have them the very same. * do a generic one with no name written on it but same amount of printing sticking etc. * Do a similar smaller one using same paper but not as elaborate (or nice) *or H2B wants to invite his friends (which would be majority of the evening guests) through facebook or text. Which I just don't know about. Is this very rude. Its so fricking confusing.
Carriedaway Posts: 1863
I only bought 20 evening invites and im going to invite people by text/facebook once they are all used up. I dont think its rude times are moving on now in a few years all this stuff will prob be electronic. if you are going to make them all then maybe just make a generic one.You could maybe do 50/50
highbeam Posts: 2578
I would do a much simpler version on the invite for evening guest. I wouldn't go to a lot of trouble cutting and sticking. If you could do something that you just print out and then write in the names for those I would.
Drummerswife Posts: 3497
Thanks i might do one or two invites the very same my mum would like our work colleagues to see the real thing. Then do a few simpler invites for definite evenings And then h2b can text/facebook whoever he wants. He would have way more acquaintances then me so that's why he has more evening invites.
AwkwardAnnie Posts: 2191
Another September Wollie having Invitation troubles!!!! +1 to highbeam - I'd make a simple evening invite. I wouldn't go to the same trouble as the day invite. I wouldn't type the names, just leave a space where you can write it in. That should take a little of the work off??
Daisy Row Posts: 3650
I got my invites printed and got the evening invites in the style of the main invite except they are like postcard style. I put 8.30pm for evening guests. I had space to write the names so maybe you could do that. I had 40 invites printed and only used about 25. Ended up grouping cousins together etc to save writing out extra invites!
mrsryan07 Posts: 274
Funny that, was chatting to a colleague about that earlier. We don't have many evening invites but I just want to invite them by mail. I only have people from work and was tempted to send a meeting request through Outlook :yelrotflmaosmilie: Anyway, colleague said to send an email maybe with a nice "weddingy" picture in it and that's what I'll do. Don't see the point in evening invites really and I don't think it's rude to just send an email or a Facebook invitation...it's the 21st century, you know :)