How are you keepin quiet?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Purple Tulip Posts: 3442
i don't know bout you but i am finding it really difficult not to tell everyone, i have already told a few people DH doesn't know about i just hope they keep quiet. i wish i hadn't found out till nearly 10wks!
RD Posts: 146
Hi Mrs E, I agree it's very difficult to keep quiet!! I told my best friend and then last week we'd a family occassion and hubby & I got so frustrated with the pretence & questions being asked that we agreed to tell our families. So at the moment just immediate families know (and my best friend). I really do think that you need someone other than your hubbie to talk 2 about it - it also helps if that other person has gone through a pregnancy so can advise you! Best of luck RD
yea i have told a girl i use to work with tou has just had her 3rd baby so it's nice to have someone to ask questions.
corkrebel Posts: 744
...with great difficulty!!! :wink: it is so hard as usually I cannot hold my wter when it is anything to do with me...I was so close to telling my mum last week and my best friend is pregnant too and I have been trying to avoid her as she will know that something is up... and I am really trying not to tell people as I dont want everyone to feel like I am pregnant forever....! we have a scan at just short of 12 weeks and then I have my sister in laws hen and a wedding so we will wait until after then to tell people..I dont want to spoil the excitement for my sis in law by sharing our news! :)
i've already told my parents i work with them so i find it really hard not to tell them everythin anyway like you i can't hold me water!!
Mrs Peg Posts: 1778
how are you going to get through a hen and wedding without people guessing corkrebel?!! now that's going to be a tough one!! you'll have to look at the other threads on good excuses ;)
jellybaby Posts: 2316
We told one of my sisters early on, as we were completely clueless about booking into the hopsital, etc, and found her a great help. Told another sister shortly afterwards (have two more who don't know), and after we had our scan last week we told parents. I told my boss in work the week before my appointment, but purely because I needed the time off for the appt. That's all that know for now, and we're going to keep it that way for a few weeks more. Will probably tell the rest of our families after the 12 weeks (which is not too far away now, thank god). Have my next appt with my gp at 15 weeks, and hoping to hear the heartbeat then, so after that we will probably tell anyone we haven't already told. It's tough work keeping it quiet though :lol:
corkrebel Posts: 744
I know Mrs Peg! I have the wedding one day and the hen the next day ..so I am using the fact that I am going on the hen as an excuse not to drink the day of the wedding and I am going to say that I haev a vicious tooth infection for the hen and that I am on anti biotics...all the lies!!! Jellybaby...good to hear that things are progressing so well for you !!! looking forward to getting to that golden 12 week mark myself!
Mrs Peg Posts: 1778
It's a tricky one isn't it?! We finally took the plunge last month, so hoping to get pregnant over the coming months. We have a family wedding in the summer aswell, and like you, we wouldn't want to steal their thunder!! Here's hoping that i'll actually have to worry about stuff like that!
willthiswork Posts: 1995
Oh I didn't realise you had started trying Mrs Peg!! best of luck to you! I hope you'll be telling us about your bfp in the next month!