How are you paying for it

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

notlongtogo Posts: 5040
How are you paying for the big day?
Smugmarried Posts: 705
We paid for ours with savings and got out a back-up loan just in case. It turned out that we didn't need the loan after all but we ended up spending it on stuff for the house instead! Oh dear! :duh:
Elliecat Posts: 2725
I didn't vote, because we're using a combination of saving small loan, and some help from parents.
toffee99 Posts: 96
my ssia plus saving the balance meself!! :eek
MrsHappy* Posts: 2496
I didn't vote either but it was a combination of savings and a loan
aylala Posts: 3673
We're using our savings and SSIA money, H2B got his already and I get mine in April - might use mine for a nice holiday (we're getting married abroad so combining honeymoon with the wedding)
bumpedy bump Posts: 736
mostly SSIA and a small bit of savings
Hokey Cokey Posts: 4816
I voted for loan/ssia. BUT: We have been paying for deposits and some other stuff out of our wages. My mother gave us a couple of grand for my dress and some other stuff My SSIA has gone mostly on the house, so getting a loan for the rest of the wedding. If we had used SSIA for wedding, would have gotten a loan for the house
lopats Posts: 692
savings and a loan from the credit union
notlongtogo Posts: 5040
[quote:16f9tmnf]We have been paying for deposits and some other stuff out of our wages. My mother gave us a couple of grand for my dress and some other stuff [/quote:16f9tmnf] Ditto nw gal, for the last few months all our wages have gone on deposits, jewellery,clothes,etc. My Mam paid for dress, shoes, etc. The rest out of savings, may have to get a small loan cos we had to pay for deposit of new house out of savings as well.