How can I stop my neighbours dog crapping in our garden!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

hannah h Posts: 546
This should def be in let off steam section. I am raging I have just caught my neighbours dog crapping in my garden again. Now, we have approched this lady three times and asked her to stop her dog. We do not own a dog for the sole purpose that I do not want to pick up dog crap. I am raging here!!!! Is there anything that I can do? O:|
Bridester Posts: 920
Pick it up and deposit it on her front step.... but on a more peaceful level I don't really have any great ideas.
mammymcphee Posts: 4477
what about putting the big bottle of water in the garden, i don't know what that is supposed to do, but is it meant to be a deterrant? Furry friend lovers, correct me if I'm wrong! She should be stopping him though, or maybe ask her come clean it up :wv
MinnietheMinx Posts: 2396
I would speak to your neighbour again and tell her that if it continues you will be ringing the dog warden and reporting her for allowing her dog to roam. I would also knock on her door any time you see this happening and ask her to come pick up after the dog. We have 2 dogs and they are never in a position to be allowed crap in someone elses garden.
Thanks bridestar, I am so cross, I would do that, it's justs I do not have the stomach for it today (out sick with a bug). We have tried the smelly jar thingy out "get off our grass". Didn't do any good. Am at my wits end here. Thinking when my little one arrives she will not even be even to play in her own garden and we are killing ourseleves paying a crippling mortgage.....
Tir na nog Posts: 740
Try this website to see if you can get anything to help. http://www.pesthelp.co.uk/weshop/Cats___Dogs.asp Also if you want to go the legal route: Under Section 22 of the Litter Pollution Act 1997 it is an offence to allow a dog under your control to foul a public place. This means the owner/person in charge of the dog is required to remove dog faeces and dispose of them in a suitable, sanitary manner. You can complain to the District Court under the litter laws against an owner or someone in charge of a dog who allows that dog to foul public places and who fails to act responsibly. Before you do this, you must first inform the dog owner of your intention by completing a special form available from the Dog Control Unit of your local authority.
Girls, thanks for your advice. I am going to call again now and ask her to come pick it up. That was all really helpful x
Tir na nog Posts: 740
Make a note of when you spoke to her and if it continues contact your local county council get as much evidence as possible photo's, registered letters etc and let her know you are escalating the matter to their attention might scare into picking up after her dog or not allowing them on other people's property. the cheek of her hope it works out well for you.
She did not answer the door. Will try again later :wv
blondiechick Posts: 1641
YOu can get these green granule things....they aren't noticeable when placed on your grass. You just scatter them all over your lawn. Dogs hate them. Also heard used tea leaves and tea tree oil are deterrents but not sure how effective.