How close to due date did you/plan to leave work?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mcglick Posts: 463
just wondering what the average was
under construction Posts: 3458
I worked up until 2 weeks before due date. I was feeling fine all through the pregnancy and was grand right up until the end. I didn't want to take a month incase i then went 2 weeks over and then that was a month and a half gone out of my leave. If possible work up till 2 weeks and if needs be and you don't feel well / are too tired before then just see if your GP will sign you off and this wouldn't affect your leave Just my opinion though. Best of luck with the rest of the pregnancy
*coolaboola* Posts: 374
i am a teacher so the timing suited me- i've had my holidays since the start of july, then my maternity leave starts at the beginning of september. i've been very lucky! *)
mrssunflower Posts: 3651
I'm due on 23rd Jan so two weeks before I'll start maternity but I'll use a weeks holiday for the first week in jan. I also have 2 weeks holidays to take so I'll use one the christmas week. So i'll be off for over a month before. It'll be nice having Christmas and New Year to occupy me
jarashow Posts: 3083
I didn't vote as I am finishing 3 weeks before. 1 week of that is holidays that I can't carry over, already carrying some anyways, so just the standard 2 weeks of actual leave is all I am taking.
totalnovice Posts: 787
I have to tell work in the next few days and have decided to finish 3 weeks before my due date. Its hard to know how we will be feeling by then but going to go with that
mummytime Posts: 3149
i'm going to finish 3 weeks beforehand. going to take one weeks annual leave and then two weeks maternity leave mc
Rocket Queen Posts: 7381
I planned on going 2 wks before due date. DD had different ideas! The week before I was supposed to finish up from work she arrived. I was actually in work and called into the hospital on the way home coz I thought my waters had started (which they had) DD arrived the next day at 8.31pm. Next time I'll probably take my holidays and maternity leave at about 4wks.
MrsNoc05 Posts: 1823
I worked half days every day - up to 4 days before I was induced, and I was 12 days over when I was induced. I felt fantastic and I was bored stiff sitting at home I wasnt tired so didnt need to rest and was just waiting for something to happen. Worked out fine for me, but obviously not suited to everyone, my poor boss was terrified to even walk by my office in case I would go in to labour, kept telling me not to keep making appointments for meetings in case I went into labour in front of clients :o0 MrsNoc
mcglick Posts: 463
My leave is due to start 2 weeks before my due date ( 1st Jan) so that would put me at a leaving date of the 18th Dec...BUT christmas day and stephens day falls in the middle of that leave so that brings me up to 2 days before that at the Monday the 15th - think Ill try and swing a finish date of Friday 12th to give myself a chance to rest and relax before hand.