How'd the pregnant ladies get on at Slane?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MINI DONKEY Posts: 2499
red_rubies Posts: 2424
I was supposed to go to Slane but decided not to. Hubby said he is so glad I didn't, said it was a bit messy - quite a few fights. Plus he didn't get home til 4am. I guess it depends where you live etc, but I def wouldn't have been able for it!
sunnygirl Posts: 1876
there's a thread in off topic about how messy it was - and how badly run, no toilets etc., 3 hours to get to bus afterwards! madness for any pregnant woman to go IMO !!
Joleigh Posts: 4242
Hi, I went to Slane yesterday. Oasis were great and I really enjoyed the gig but we queued for an hour to get in and not one person checked our tickets. It felt like there were alot more than 80,000 people there, you literally couldnt move! I'd say a good few ticketless people got in. The queue for the bar was 1 hour long (not that I cared) and there were loads of fights over people skipping. Afterwards we walked for about an hour to get on a dublin bus as far up the road as possible so we wouldnt have to sit in too much traffic! How wrong were we!! We got on the bus at 11.40 and an hour later it hadnt moved an inch. The driver kept letting people on, they were crammed in like sardines. Thank God we had seats. We eventually got off the bus after 3am, and we got off before town so the rest of the poor people still had miles to go! It was so badly organised. I felt a bit guilty after going because it was a bit scary at times and I dont have a big bump so people might not notice I'm pregnant and I was afraid someone would bump into me. I think the baby must have slept through it all though cos its kicking like mad today, must be full of beans! I'm so tired today. Glad its all over. How did the rest of the pg ladies get on? Apparantly a friend of ours saw a couple having s*x doggy style in the middle of everyone and people were videoing it on their phones :eek
Joleigh Posts: 4242
PS: Mini Donkey, you might not wanna here this but if I was you I wouldnt go to oxygen. I went a few times before and its fine when you only have yourself to think of but when you're pregnant and in a big crowd and there are people around you acting the eegit you can feel a bit helpless and I felt a bit guilty at times for putting myself in that position. If I was you I'd stay home, have a bbq and listen to oxegen on the radio or something!
Gingham Posts: 3014
[b:2mrww31n]a friend of ours saw a couple having s*x doggy style in the middle of everyone and people were videoing it on their phones :eek[/quote][/b:2mrww31n] haha jany mack..thats shocking and slightly amusing..i was going to go..fair play to you Joleigh for going, I dont think i would of lasted until 3....
jmeath Posts: 5740
Girls, i live in Slane...i wnet for a walk up the town yesterday at 12 before the crowss and it was grand...pottered around and went to see a few friends...when h2b got back from doing security at 7pm we went to see what the crowds were like and get some food....my god i was freaked out..people literally falling at your feet drunk, puking, one man was sitting against a fence beside us with 5 guards around him and he just fell sideways and the guards dragged him up and let him walk off down the street...the lad couldnt walk...he stumbled....i was so embarrased for nearly every person i saw for getting themelves in such a state... The problem with the buses alays happens and you have to be prepared for the walking coz 80,000 people get let out of 1 place altoghetehr (whereas during the day they are sent in 3 diff entrances and all kept to their side of the town...then afterwards everyone together..... i live right beside the castle and there was still a massive crowd coming out at 12:30 (1 1/2 hours after the fireworks finished)....i wouldnt advise any pregnant woman to go.... and i was safe in my estate watching where no1 was allowed in
big mama Posts: 623
hi , i went to slane yesterday im 19 wks now i managed grand , i live near slane and i am well used to the crack i just made sure i had my hb to sheild me fom all the madness :o0 :o0 the portaloos were beside were we sat so no prob getting one getting in was another story , how long can u stay in one of them smelly things :eek :eek belive me some people spend along time!!!! it was a bit crazy and if you really are thinking about oxigen i hope its only a one day affair !!!! all in all i enjoyed it and it was great but by 10 i was exhausted and said to hb i would of rathered been in bed with a cuppa and a caramel :o0 ,