How did u/are u going 2 prepare your woman parts for labour?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lush11 Posts: 2877
Im just wondering cos I got my little trimmer out the other day to make an attempt at sorting myself off. I'd swear the OH thinks he married a gorilla sometimes so said i better make an effort. Anyway, I couldnt see over my belly, I swear and i apolpogise if its TMI. Half thinking of getting a full wax job done 2 weeks before im due cos at that stage I wont be able to get next nor near it. Ha ha, cant believe i wrote this but its an important question.
Asics Posts: 1935
Before dd was born I just done a DIY tidy up myself, just a little trim & a shave. I couldn't handle a wax way to painfull for me im afraid im a wose :wv
Daff Posts: 11644
just a shave and a trim. If you get stitches you won't want regrowth in the wrong area so don't go in there with nothing covering! :o0
lush11 Posts: 2877
[quote="daffodil mummy ":2l3vd05g]just a shave and a trim. If you get stitches you won't want regrowth in the wrong area so don't go in there with nothing covering! :o0[/quote:2l3vd05g] Excellent point, never even thought of that to be honest. Next thing is how the hell am i gonna get down there in a few months, lol.
Daisywall Posts: 577
My plan is to get a wax when I finally get to that stage. Got a full wax there recently (6 and half weeks pregnant) though and it nearly killed me - I was jumping off the table, she didn't know what the heck was wrong with me, but it definitely was more sensitive by a mile !! :weep
FoundHome Posts: 1753
I've been getting extended bikini waxes (Californian I think?) or Brazilians for years now. I had a "preparatory" Hollywood wax a week to see if how the pain would be/how awkward it would be with the bump etc. Unlike Daisywall, I didn't find it any more painful than a regular waxing session so I'll definitely be keeping it up for the remainder of the pregnancy. Hubbie hasn't had any complaints about it either >:o)
candypants Posts: 8575
I used Nair removal cream to tidy up just before i had DD, to realise later when i could see down there that i had made a balls of it :-8 :o0
kaifer Posts: 236
With DS my midwife told me not to be coming into labour like "a plucked chicken" :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: I did a very patchy DIY trim and general tidy up cos I couldn't see a thing over my bump. In the end I needed a CS and the nurses shaved about an inch or 2 off the top but that was that.
gagamama Posts: 204
Just got tidied up during the week as I'm due in a fortnight. Did the trim myself, with major assistance from mirror.Haven't been able to see down there for a while now.Got a Californian after tidying up (which I'd normally never have a problem with) and it was quite painful this time.Got very sensitive down there in the last few months.Think it's because it's more fleshy from the bump compacting the skin.Anyway it's done and dusted now :)
MINI DONKEY Posts: 2499
Got a Brazilian, get it done every 6 weeks anyway :)