How did you choose your dj

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Kkilkenny Posts: 208
Have band booked now want to book dj. How did everyone choose your djs, was it based on price, or recommendations, or did you go see them? Have two quotes both 250 euro to play after band, both are local to the venue, I cant seem to find much info at all on them online.
ciaraella Posts: 5323
To be honest we didn't out that much thought into the dj, i just googled and emailed a few for prices. We went with digital djs and found them great, I liked the fact that you can make up your own playlist online on their website so we picked all the music ourselves.
jams Posts: 368
we booked ours based on our bands recommendation O-O
HeTheMan Posts: 295
Most bands will recommend a Dj. I used to work in a radio station so finding a Dj was a no brainer for me.
kittycatt24 Posts: 1322
We have a friend that DJs, that has done a lot of functions we have been at. we wanted to get him to DJ but it would have been difficult setting up, with the amount of equipment that our band has and he has. I dont want any switch over time between band and DJ, so in the end we went with the DJ the band supplies! usually bands will give u a good deal, if you book the complete package with them!
MrsBig10 Posts: 2074
W
Daisy Row Posts: 3650
My venue have included a DJ in the package, I'm assuming that he is suitable if they are using him for all the weddings but I think I better find out exactly who he is so I can check him out!
game on Posts: 135
Our band included the DJ - actually, the DJ was a member of the band! They just asked us for an idea of the type of music to play and went from there.
Boo2012 Posts: 315
Our band also includes DJ.
Kaniela Posts: 458
The DJ we went with works with my OH.. He's does the dj thing as a side gig and has done for the last 15 years,!! He used to talk about it with my OH long before we got engaged so we pretty much figured it was going to be him when we were deciding given his experience.. We're paying €300 euro for him to do it.. Hopefully after 15 years of doing it he knows what he's at!! :o0