How did you feel when you went on ML?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

wifetobe Posts: 1438
I'm finishing up 17th April and just trying to imagine what I'll do with all the time!!!
Baby Mad Posts: 1756
I felt great. It was great knowing that I didn't have to go to work for the best part of a year. I had loads planned to do but to be honest I just rested up and got the last bits and pieces ready for babs. I slept in late, pottered around the house, did a bit of shopping etc. ENJOY EVERY MINUTE. Wish I was still on mat leave. Think I might consider another baby :o0
dreamer Posts: 3941
I did very little but then again was only on maternity leave for a week and a bit before baby arrived. My advise would be to sleep, sleep and then when you are done with sleeping, have a nap!!! :o0 Enjoy :wv
thanks girls and congrats on the babs! Im getting really impatient now :-8
justwaitin Posts: 2462
ive unofffialy started on materity leave, im on sick leave this week , im so relieved to have finished , work has been very tough the last few weeks. i ve ds to look after so wont get a huge amount of rest with him , but he general has a nap so i sleep when he does, so i tend to listen to my hypnobirthing cd then to, im also a bit obessed with cleaning so il have the house sparkling by the time lo arrives too.
april09babs Posts: 926
My maternity leave starts officially today but have been on annual leave for the last 3 weeks. I found the first week off very hard. I was an emotional wreck and couldn't stop crying! Poor DH couldn't understand what was going on. But I soon got over it, organized the house, set up the nursery, washed baby clothes and started to chill out. Now I love being off and don't know how I'll ever face going back to work. I'm seriously considering looking into job sharing but of course will have to see how we would manage financially. It will depend on the budget and how safe dh's job will be as the recession continues
Finished here Posts: 2860
I am so jealous i can't wait till maternity leave, enjoy it wifetobe, I plan on resting and getting nice walks in and yoga and finishing up the last of jobs once i go on maternity leave, Today baby is sitting on both my bowels and my sciatic nerve and my job is mostly sedentary with a mixture of chair types from office styles to big comfy couches to straight backed kitchen chairs and none are as comfy and good for my back as the chairs in my own home :o( Its only in the last week that i can really feel the weight of my bump and just today that i notice it kinda gets in the way at my desk ! Maternity leave should start on week 30 but shouldn't impact on length of time off once babs arrives :lvs
WinterGal Posts: 835
I didn't even get one day of my maternity leave as I went into labour the night I finished work. I wasn't mentally prepared for this as I was looking forward so much to all the 'me' time. So have your bag fully packed as I didn't and enjoy every minute. Sleep plenty as you'll need your energy for the labour.
Maybump Posts: 527
I'm finished on the 9th of april and baby is due 26th of april. TBH I can't wait for ML as i'm soooo tired and it'll be nice to have some time before baby arrives to do nothing but rest. I plan to watch plenty of trashy daytime tv and books. [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/] [img:cgu4rkf2]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/1;19;96/st/20090426/dt/5/k/aebc/preg.png[/img:cgu4rkf2] [/url]
Maybump do you post in our May thread?? I never see you :o( I'm counting the days - I literally have 11 days of work left!!!! :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll