how did you tell

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

strawberry shortcake Posts: 9094
was just thinking please god when im preg i want to leave booties or something on the bed give h2b the hint, how did you all tell the other half?
charli Posts: 5994
my hubbie was with me when we testing (well actually he waited outside the door of the bathroom while i weed!!!) then we waited for result together i like the booties idea - will do that or something similiar next time
grumpy Posts: 1280
I just handed him the test and asked if he thought that it was a line or not! I was actually kinda nervous about, cos even though I was ready, I wasn't sure he was, even though he had been the one to suggest trying. It was only our first month trying and I wasn't sure the enormity had hit him! Neither of us were sure how to react and just looked at each other until he said "Its great news!" and we hugged. We're pathetic!
AudreyJ Posts: 1063
I screamed at him through the wall between our bedroom and the bathroom ("JOHHNNNNN!!!!") and then I ran in, shoved the test in his hands and said "Does this look like a faint blue line to you?", and he said "it looks like a clear blue line". Then I started crying and jumping up and down and he got off the toilet and gave me a big hug!!! Romantic or what?!! This all happened at 7.30 this morning BTW!
Purple Tulip Posts: 3442
i handed my DH the test when he was in the shower he didn't even know i was after testing he was stunned!!
lin Posts: 107
Found out on our anniversary, so gave dh a card that said " Hi Dad, can't wait to see you in June 2007 XX P.S. Happy Anniversary!" I also gave him a present of a book called "Dad Stuff". God!! The shock on his face was priceless!!