How do I find out if my neighbours house is rented?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mrs gerard Posts: 1669
hi girls does anyone know how to go about this, im pregnant at the moment and the neighbours dog is driving me INSANE im hoping its a rented house and i can approach the landlord as the people living there dont seem to care, thanks girls!
DM2009Bride Posts: 82
Poor you - that sounds very irritating! Rented properties are meant to be registered with the PRTB (Private Residential Tenancies Board). If the house is rented, and the landlord has done his job in registering the property, then you should be able to find it via the following link to the register: You just go into whatever county it is, and use CTRL+F to enter the same of your estate or whatever, and all the rented houses should pop up. Hope that helps!
DipDab Posts: 1172
Just bear in mind that the PRTB only update their list about every 6 months.
girls thanks so much i found it!!!!!!!!!!! could you let me know how to find out the landlords details tho, theyre not on the flipping list! i am extatic thanks so much!!!
wifin Posts: 4761
[quote="DM2009Bride":2juaeohx]Poor you - that sounds very irritating! Rented properties are meant to be registered with the PRTB (Private Residential Tenancies Board). If the house is rented, and the landlord has done his job in registering the property, then you should be able to find it via the following link to the register: You just go into whatever county it is, and use CTRL+F to enter the same of your estate or whatever, and all the rented houses should pop up. Hope that helps![/quote:2juaeohx] Oh my god, this is so great for the nosiness :-8 :o0
girls anyone know how i get the land lord contact details now i know its rented please? thanks amillion O:o)
DM2009Bride Posts: 82
No prob - the register available at the moment is at 31 December 2009 so it's fairly recent. I don't know where you'll find the landlord's details to be honest. The PRTB will have the landlord's details but I imagine they can't just give out that info to the public. Sorry that's not much help.
girls just to let ye know i finally got through to prtb there, the girl was lovely and very understanding, there is a form on their website you fill out and submit so that they can give you landlords details, have it all filled out and going to post today thanks so much for yer help, ill let ye know how i get on! O:o)
ott Posts: 3920
By any chance do you live in a development with a management company? If so, and you own your home, you could request a copy of the register of members.
hi there, no we're in an estate thats about 15 years old so no management company. girls i actually decided there im going to call in to my other neighbour tonight to see if she wants to put her name on it as well, would be better if we both complained i think!