How do I tell her?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

madmam Posts: 1294
Hi Guys, Ye have all been great for your support, so I am hoping for a couple of ideas. Although I am over the moon to be so lucky to be preg, I have a best friend who was bridesmaid at my wedding last year. Her and her DH have been trying for a baby for about 3 years with no success. They have had to stop fertility treatment for a while, and ironically she told me this the day I found out I was preg. The thing is, I have to tell her tomorrow (too long a story but circumstances won't let me wait). It is BREAKING MY HEART to have to tell her. I know she will be happy for us, but the thing is, this happened straight away for us (2 weeks trying, seems so unfair), so it will be like rubbing salt into the wound. I love her so much, but I know this will break her up. She has exams coming up, and a friends hen night, and....oh God, I don't know. Any advice? :duh: :weep
mammybean Posts: 10364
i would be exactly the same, it seems like my brother and sil are having trouble
strawberry shortcake Posts: 9094
hi shorty god i supposed you will just have to come out straight and tell her its not as if you will be able to hide it and she might get hurt you dont tell her sooner. theres nothing you can do unfortunatly, just pray shel get preg soon enough. im sure she will be happy for you. sorry dont know what else you could say to her.
Sassy Posts: 2269
It really is a hard one but i don't think there is an easy way to tell her. The information will upset her but she's not going to let you see that because she will still be so so happy for you. A friend of mine was in the same situation and just felt so bad as the couple have been trying for 5 years with no sucess. She's your friend just tell her out straight. She will probably prefer that than is you where hiding it from her.
madmam Posts: 1294
Thanks guys. have to tell her tomorrow, wish me luck.
Sassy Posts: 2269
Good Luck but it will be fine.
Tigletts Posts: 2904
Good luck Shorty, there's no easy way round it unfortunately. I think best to tell her sooner than later in case she hears anything by chance or notices anything though. And of course make sure you tell her on her own just the two of ye. Good luck :xxx
Hepburn Posts: 4081
Shorty I completely understand how you are feeling. Myself and my best friend started ttc at the same time in 2003. My son is now over 3 and I am halfway through a second pregnancy. Herself and her husband have faced significant problems and are just about to start IVF... I would say bite the bullet and tell her. The day I planned to tell my friend she left a message on my phone saying her sister was pregnant. It really threw me...I went ahead anyway and she was very glad I did. It was never going to be easy so there was no point in putting it off. I don't envy you as I felt sick before hand and it was very emotional. It made me feel very lucky to be in the position I am in..... Best of luck...you will feel so much better once you have spoken to her.
jen2 Posts: 3106
Best of luck. Im sure she will be delighted for you. I have in the same position with my best friend..She was thrilled for me, but also told me she was a little envyous. It was the best. we had a long chat, about everything. Hope it all goes well for you. Jen2
Mrs Lucy06 Posts: 929
Good luck, she will be over the moon for you, as hard as it is for her she will just be glad youre not in the same position as her. Lucy