how do u know when ur ready to be a parent

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

roxychick Posts: 1802
Hi Girls. I'm married a year in july and having been thiking abut having a baby. My husband said that he's ready when I am. Sometimes I think I'd love one but other times I think I'm just not ready to give up my freedom and lifestyle. So how did u know u were ready? :wv
willthiswork Posts: 1995
I knew when it was all I could think about and I couldn't wait to have a little baby with my husband! Over 2 years since I had that epiphany (we waited until we were married before we started trying) and I'm still waiting for that little baby!
roxychick Posts: 1802
It's all I can think about at the moment too which is kinda freaking me out cos it came from nowhere.I'm only 25 so wasn't in any hurry. Find myself watching programmes on t.v everyday about pregnancy. Hope ur lucky soon. In the meantime enjoy trying!!!
mammybean Posts: 10364
then i tink you are ready pet
Moet for me Posts: 1841
why don't you throw caution to the wind and give up on contraception it could still end up taking a while. I had an unplanned pregnancy with dd if I could just have another one that would be great, this deciding lark is just hassle there is never a right time.
babyboom Posts: 294
Hi roxychick I just felt like we were missing something & that it was the next step for us. Hubby & I are married 2years & together 8 most of our friends have babies & I've been longing for one. Last Christmas I felt a little sad that it was just the two of us yet again. Don't get me wrong I love it being just me & him & want us still to have us time when we have the baby. I just feel like we're ready for a family. Plus we both love kids hubby is great with babies/children I can't wait to see him with his own :lvs
Rocky Posts: 465
Hi Roxy, we got married last Nov and had been going out for 13years before that so decided it was time to start trying straight away after the wedding. Still dont know if im really prepared though. to be honest i never had any longing to have children until 2 yrs ago my sister had an unplanned pregnancy and my nephew brought so much love and life to our house at home that it totally changed my mind forever! if you dont feel ready, then wait otherwise go for it :o)ll Just make sure that you are not being pressured by others to do it, its totally up to yourselves when ye feel ready. all my friends were married in their early 20s and all had at least 2 children before we even decided to get married but it was our decision and that is the most important thing i think, wish you happy times ahead :thnk
strawberry shortcake Posts: 9094
Hi Roxychick, if its an conselation im the same, well we're not married yet but regards watching programmes on babies etc im the same although i think quite a lot of us girlies do that. H2b and I would love a little bambino but we just wouldnt be financially able to at this moment, and iv a condition that would prob require a proceedure before i had a baby. Anyway hun seems to me like your ready, why dont you throw away the contraception and let nature take its course. best of luck to you.
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
We could go on forever waiting and wondering I think from your posts you are indeed ready :o)ll :o)ll