How do you cope with the tiredness?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Elliecat Posts: 2725
Girls I'm about 9 weeks gone at this stage and I'm just so tired. Had a really stressful couple of days last week (see let off steam - letter of complaint!!) and literally spent most of the weekend in bed, and even now I'm in work and at around this time every afternoon I get so tired - I could just put my head down and sleep. No-one knows yet, so are there any supplements or anything I could take to pep me up a bit?
Christmas B Posts: 6191
[color=indigo:1z0s3931]I hear your pain and unfortunately for me the tiredness never eased off!! The doctor told me to try Galpher Iron tablets but TBH the only difference they made was making me constipated so I stopped them!! I'm afraid it's all part and parcel of the pregnancy hun!! My advise to you is to get a nap as often as you can, even if you don't feel tired, lye down and whether you sleep or not it'll help!![/color:1z0s3931]
Corks Posts: 355
Oh, I'm the same elliecat and still am (17 weeks). I thought I would have started to get my energy back by now but no!! I had so many plans for swimming three times a week while pregnant but I just can't! I just want to lie down when I get home in the evening. And am still dozy mid afternoon at work! Sorry I am not helping you here at all but just wanted to let you know you are not alone!! As Christmas B suggested, my doc suggested that if I wanted to to take galfer. But to be honest, I've heard much the same from others as Christmas B said - that they didnt feel any difference even on the iron! I'm still hoping for this whole "energy boost" and "blooming phase" mallarkey!
Elliecat Posts: 2725
[quote="Corks":iegqs18l]Oh, I'm the same elliecat and still am (17 weeks). I thought I would have started to get my energy back by now but no!! I had so many plans for swimming three times a week while pregnant but I just can't! I just want to lie down when I get home in the evening. [/quote:iegqs18l] Ditto - I'd really intended trying to go swimming a couple of times a week too. DH just doesn't seem to get how knackered I am. It was such a struggle to even clean the house over the weekend, every time I did one room I needed to sit down!! Have an appt with midwife next week, so I suppose I'll see if she can recommend anything.
charli Posts: 5994
yeah i agree, my housework has kinda gone out the window a bit lately - just doing the "needs-be" :-8 i am not so bad during the week at work it's at the weekend, i am falling asleep every sat and sun on the sofa for an hour!!- id say id be the same if i was at home every day!! i do remember on my first pg that it improved as time went on -but according to the other posters here that might not happen this time no advice either, except that you are not alone :lvs and try and cat nap where you can :wv
Sleep Monster Posts: 2829
Totally knackered all the time too. I'm just over 9 weeks gone as well. Poor hubbie is feeling lonely cos I'm off to bed so early every evening and listless by the time I get home after work. No advise either. I try to get a nap once in a while, but it's hard, you have to live your life too and of course as you say, it's still a secret from a lot of people, so I find a waste all my energy around those who don't know!! I suppose we can just live in hope that in time it will pass. :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz:
breeze Posts: 1175
Im the same. I work part time Mon Wed Fri so have the days in between off which is good, but i just find im wrecked all the time. I have a sleep in the afternoon when DS is out playing and kinda feel better after but i could stay there all day and not move. I think DH is getting a bit peeved though :o0 :o0 :o0 he'll live.
notlongtogo Posts: 5040
Yep same here im exhausted all the time. Afternoons are the worst for me i struggle to stay awake. Even at the weekend im falling asleep on the couch or in the car. The worst is having to hide it and you cant act tired or sick cos people want to know whats wrong. Also not taking iron cos it will make my constipation worse, i would kill for a cold can of Red Bull, yummy....... So no ive no advice just wanted to let ou know your not alone.
babyboom Posts: 294
Hi Elliecat Know exactly how you feel. I don't think my hubby gets how exhausted I am although he says he does. I work fulltime therefore can't nap during the day & feel that by the time I get home in the evenings my tired phase has lifted slightly so don't end up getting any rest till I go to bed. I'm worst in the afternoons just txted hubby to say I feel like crying I'm so tired think this day will never end. Went to the cinema on Sat night 9pm show & fell asleep :-8 I literally cannot stay awake past 10pm. Can't wait till everyone knows then I won't have to hide my tiredness but having said that I hope it eases within the next couple of wks as I'm 12wks this Friday. Sorry for the long post *)