How do you deal with the stress of planning the wedding?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mrs Rocket Posts: 1824
O.k I've a very long way to go yet,18 mths I've being looking into bands/DJ's/Videographers/ photographer lately and wanting everything to be right. I like to be organized and love planning but I get really bad headaches,tension in my back an my neck. I don't want to be like this for the next 18 mths,any one else like this? What do you do to relieve it?
woohoo09 Posts: 630
drink red wine!!!!!!!!! :o0
MrsWhippy09 Posts: 2346
I second nooneknows suggestion. :o0 You have loads of time left, so try not to get stressed now because by the time you have a few months left, you'll be ready to explode. I'm like you and love to be really organised so I understand where you're coming from but try and pace yourself booking each thing and delegate some things to your h2b. My h2b is looking after the suits for himself and the groomsmen, the rings and the honeymoon. Not much I know but it's three things I don't have to do. A nice hot bath with a glass of wine and some chocolates always works for me to ease the stress!
Mrs Haversham Posts: 50
I started planning mine 5 months before the day. Rather than making it more stressful having a short timeframe, it's been totally stress free.
tootsy Posts: 779
that could have been me writing that at the 18month mark, it does get a little easier as time goes on, for me it seemed to be at stages e.g booking suppliers, dress shopping etc i'm at a loss now as i can do no more till the 6month mark
Twirler Posts: 1644
Break your to do list down into smaller ones. I had a minor panic a couple of months ago at everything I had left to do so I created a to-do list by month - means I limit myself to only doing what I actually need to do.
ozypozy Posts: 2950
Get all the big things booked first and then you'll be able to relax. I've most of my suppliers booked since October 07 and haven't done much since to be honest! Think it's only as stressful as you make it. That said I'm starting my DIY invitations soon so I'll be a stresshead covered in pritt stick and paper cuts in a few weeks! Seriously though, try to enjoy it!!
Tim Robbins Posts: 38
[quote="Lady Jane":kgcs18fr] What do you do to relieve it?[/quote:kgcs18fr] 1. You have to work off lists, otherwise thing you have to do will come into your head at random. With lists you can refer to it to see what you have to do, without worrying you've forgotten something. It also stops things coming into your head at random. 2. Keep watching the news. There's a lot going in the World which is a lot madder than your Wedding will ever be. Israel and Palestine at the moment for example.
ohsotired Posts: 7071
Agree with previous posters - do up smaller lists and work from those! Get the big things booked and then take a break from it for a while! We opted not to spend lots of time looking at suppliers - we did our research, made up a shortlist and once we were happy with someone/something we booked them! For me I could spend the next 18 months looking at bands and photographers etc but what would be the point? Once we were happy with their work and price we booked them! The decision has to be made at some point so you can either go with your instinct or spend weeks and months looking at things!!
the winner Posts: 4148
Its all in your head :eek :eek :eek No really your only as stressed as you make yourself.. You have plenty of time .. My friends has 2 a new born and a 1 1/2 yr old and she has her wedding planned in 4 months... So you don't have much to worry about. Also delegate. Get H2B to do some things for you like the honeymoon? If you want any budget planners, table plans, templates for mass booklets etc just Pm me :D Chill :D and yes Vino can be your best friend for the next few months lol :thnk :thnk :thnk :lvs :lvs