How do you deal with the stress of planning the wedding? - Page 2

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

blueswallow Posts: 1244
Definitely make a list. And then only hit it intermittently. We set aside an odd Saturday where we visit a couple of suppliers and then, when we've made a decision, we send off a booking deposit. That way, we're getting bits done all the time but it never gets too intense as we're only dealing with a couple of suppliers every couple of weeks.
Mrs Rocket Posts: 1824
Thanks for all yer advise, I do have a list made out,once I have the band,dj and videographer booked I will be happy. I won't have to do anything else for a long time I know. Too much time on my hands today as I am couldn't go to work cos of the snow. Think Im spending too much time on this site :o0 :o0 :o0 I might be a member of AA
mrswifey Posts: 775
God, ye have me worried now! Only decided today we are getting married this year - 22nd Dec, only thing booked is the registrar and the venue, am I mad to be planning everything in less than a year?! I just thought id go mental if i had 2 years, would end up with everything booked and sorted by end of this summer and a year or more sitting around worrying about what might go wrong!!! Apart from the legalities - making app of intention to marry, Im not even clued in yet on what my next step should be!
ozypozy Posts: 2950
Congrats on the engagement! Try to get your photographer and band/music sorted next. The venue is most important and you've done that!
mrswifey Posts: 775
Thanks! Yeah its so exciting! Will have to get the thinking caps on re bands, so many out there that I like so only prob will be deciding!
the winner Posts: 4148
I just mailed you Lady Jane:D Hope it helps... *)
Mrs Rocket Posts: 1824
Thank you so much Really appreicate it :thnk
Linda H Posts: 1151
Again like the other posters lots of drinkie poos :hic :hic
the winner Posts: 4148
[quote="Carrie13":2ousi99w]Again like the other posters lots of drinkie poos :hic :hic[/quote:2ousi99w] US wollies are right dypsos :D O-O O-O O-O
Linda H Posts: 1151
[quote="The Winner":xqpy0568][quote="Carrie13":xqpy0568]Again like the other posters lots of drinkie poos :hic :hic[/quote:xqpy0568] US wollies are right dypsos :D O-O O-O O-O[/quote:xqpy0568] ok so, this round is on me, Winner, what are you having?