How do you decide what time to have ceremony?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lotus s Posts: 184
Hi, I'm puzzled about what time to have the wedding ceremony. I thought 2 or 3 would be fine as the church is close to wedding venue, but SIL said have it as early as possible. What do you think?
lotus s Posts: 184
I thought I had added other times but they're not there - Sorry!
july2009bride Posts: 532
Ours is at 1pm, the reason being the reception is about an hour from the church so gives us time for photo's and to have time with our guests before we sit to eat. Hope that helps. Enjoy the planning, this site is great O-O
stephyb Posts: 1439
it depends on a few factors really when are you getting married - if you're getting married October - February you need an earlier ceremony to have enough light for photos. Do you have guests travelling to get to the ceremony - you might need to allow some time so guests don't need to get up at 6 am to get to the church etc. x
mrsmaybride2010 Posts: 843
ours is at 1.00pm too. this is what our priest recommended to us.
StupidSexyFlanders Posts: 8402
We're hoping to have ours at 3pm. We are having an off-site civil ceremony and they only do them at 12pm and 3pm so they tell me.
Oct09B2B Posts: 374
We went for 1.00pm as we worried about getting the photos taken in the October light - it might be getting dark about 4.00pm.
eileenf99 Posts: 396
ours is at 2pm,our venue and church is in cavan most people wil be traveling that morning so we wanted to give them enough time to get down,venue is only 10mins from church so wont b long getting back.It depends on the time of the year,lots of winter brides have 1pm weddings for the photos.
mrsandmr Posts: 366
Ours is a September Wedding and we're having our ceremony at 2. The reception is 25-30 mins from the church and we're having photos there. I wanted my guests to have the oppertunity to eat lunch before the ceremony if the want. Also H2B family and friends are from Dublin and the church is in the a-hole of cavan so wanted to give them plenty of time to travel on morning of wedding, and plenty of time to get lost!
StupidSexyFlanders Posts: 8402
[quote="mrsandmr":2ah14uaj]OH2B family and friends are from Dublin and the church is in the a-hole of cavan so wanted to give them plenty of time to travel on morning of wedding, and plenty of time to get lost![/quote:2ah14uaj] Ha ha!! Oh I hope my FILs get lost on the way up from Laois!!