Menu

How do you know when ur ovulating?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

upyaboyaa Posts: 819
Hi Girls we are ttc #2 and was just wondering how you know when ur ovulating without having to take temperatures or buy ovulating predictor kits? Thanking you all in advance! upyaboyaa
tilsun Posts: 4506
This is a tricky question as really the only way I would ever be sure is temping. I never did ov test kits. I get ov cramps so would have a clue from them but when I was temping I realized the cramps often came day after ov happened so not reliable. If you have a fairly regular 28 day cycle there's e a good chance you ov around day 14 but there's no gaurantee. Have you had a look around the TTC forum? Lots of good advice there. I temped used www.fertilityfriend.com and would recommend it as it removes all the guesswork
Duncelt Posts: 460
The average/normal is 14 days after the start of your AF - so the first day of your AF is Day 1 - not everyone is the same - sometimes you can feel a slight niggling pain in your left or right side - i can feel it in my left side sometimes so thing i only seem to ovulate from that ovary - also when you have a white discharge is another sign. I just got my BFP at the weekend. It was our 2nd month ttc - I also used this website to see what dates was most likely to be fertile - http://www.parenthood.com/pregovulate.php - although this is only a guide line and no guarantee. Best of luck
Thanks a million Tilsun and Duncelt great advice and web sites O-O
funkyfish Posts: 7626
you should notice a change in your CM around ovulation it should resemble egg white.... tim but you did ask... i too feel a pain in the side that i ovulate on... :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust:
Thanks for that funkyfish theres never too much tmi on this site lol! Thats why I love it O-O
Emomc Posts: 2069
We are currently TTC for no 2 as well. I used some OPK's this month and I was into my second packet when I got my smiley face yesterday and now I am dosed with the cold so I dont know if there will be much hope of DTD tonight as I am just wrecked :weep . OPK's pick up your hormone surge approx 48 hours before ovulation and I noticed my cervical mucus was clear this evening as it should be when ovulating. I dont get any pains when ovulating. You can also take your temperature every day and it should rise when you ovulate (I think its recommended that you buy a basal thermometer but I have no idea what this is :o0 ). I have dipped in and out of the TTC forum as well which has some great advice and stickies :babydust:
Hi Emomc thanks for that. Hope your feeling alot better and got to do some baby dancing last nite. Lets hope we will both get a christmas bfp. wishing you lots and lots of :babydust: :babydust:
Emomc Posts: 2069
[quote="upyaboyaa":3vfr6z81]Hi Emomc thanks for that. Hope your feeling alot better and got to do some baby dancing last nite. Lets hope we will both get a christmas bfp. wishing you lots and lots of :babydust: :babydust:[/quote:3vfr6z81] Unfortunately I think we have missed this months window as I just conked out last night and still feeling rotten today. But there is always next month! Would love to get a BFP by the end of the year but will leave it in Gods hands. :babydust: back to you
exbride06 Posts: 231
For me I find the best indicator is changes in Cm. Eggwhite stretchy clear cm is what you should get around ovulation or wet or watery cm. I have used OPKs before but found they were exhuasting us as once we got positive we felt obliged to dtd for 3 nights in a row. :-8 This month i didn't use them and we just dtd every 2/3 nights from day 10 to day 20 and we just got our 2nd BFP after 5 months of trying :o)ll