How do you make up Comfort formula bottles??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

windycity Posts: 2241
Hi girls just wondering how do you make your aptimel comfort bottles? We make our regular Aptimel in advance and store in fridge but noticed now that the comfort formula is sticking to the bottom of the bottle?
DollyMomma Posts: 1231
My son is 19 months now but was on Comfort formula from 8 weeks to 12 months. We sterilised the bottles, filled them with boiled water and sealed them up and left them on the counter top. Then when we needed one we added the formula and shook it up. It's not the recommended way (making the bottle up from fresh is the "correct" way) but its what worked for us and my son was never affected by it in any way.
BusyDee Posts: 8527
Just give the bottle a swirl to mix it up again, it's perfectly fine it just separates when it is made a while, We made ours up in advace and never had any problem with it either.
MrsAC Posts: 1190
I'm using SMA comfort and we make them in advance i just give it a shake when i take it out of the fridge to heat up
Lizzie02 Posts: 2624
I make them up as I go along during the day (fresh) but my sister used the Comfort Formula on her little lad and made up no more than two in advance and put them in the fridge as the Comfort Formula separates. I boil the kettle and put the boiled water in a glass sealed jug in the kitchen. I make bottles from this (cooled boiled water) and just add the formula to the bottles as needed. I use the Tommee Tippee bottle warmer to warm bottles up for my little lad. Now, this is not necessary and I've got him into a bad habit of liking a warmed bottle.
Lady Penelope Posts: 2019
Have been using the aptamil comfort for 9 months now. I don't make in advance. The best thing I bought was the cleva mamma formula mixer €6. It really whisks up the formula as its thicker, shaking never worked as I've the Dr Brown bottles and it went everywhere. If you make in advance you could use the formula mixer and it'll stop the formula sticking.