How do you say "Thanks for the money present"?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

she Posts: 3298
Hi girls, just starting to get presents in now and I'm just wondering how you say thanks for money, when writing your thank you cards etc. Do you just say "thanks for the presents" or is the a nice way of saying it? Also do you give your thank you cards out as presents come in or do you wait till after the wedding?
MrsOC09 Posts: 1175
i plan to say thank you for your generous gift :wv
Serendipity2009 Posts: 1224
Thanks for the present is the nice way of doing it I think.
[quote="maybride2009":27g0nzjh]i plan to say thank you for your generous gift :wv[/quote:27g0nzjh] I like that!!!!! Cheers
Urban Fairy Posts: 3987
"Thank you so much for your generous gift"
blueswallow Posts: 1244
I think it's customary to mention what you'll put the money towards, such as: Many thanks for your generous wedding gift. As you know, we are doing up our new house at the moment and this will help us a lot in making the place feel like home. We can't wait for you to visit us and see it for yourself.
vinoqueeno Posts: 3511
Hi, I'd go with "thank you for your generous gift" and send them out when you get back from honeymoon. I don't necessarily think there is a definite etiquette for the thank you cards, but I doubt anyone would expect a thank you card from you before the wedding especially when you've so many other things to finalise before the big day. Good luck with it & enjoy the day x
[quote="blue_swallow":2ejkg8bb]I think it's customary to mention what you'll put the money towards, such as: Many thanks for your generous wedding gift. As you know, we are doing up our new house at the moment and this will help us a lot in making the place feel like home. We can't wait for you to visit us and see it for yourself.[/quote:2ejkg8bb] Ok so I'l say something like, "thanks for your generous wedding gifts, we're going to have a great time getting locked :hic on it on our honeymoon :o0 :o0 I'l send them out after the wedding, sure we have a week before we go on honeymoon so I'm sure we could get them done then. Thanks for the replies girls :wv
blueswallow Posts: 1244
[quote="she":1iq1az29][quote="blue_swallow":1iq1az29]I think it's customary to mention what you'll put the money towards, such as: Many thanks for your generous wedding gift. As you know, we are doing up our new house at the moment and this will help us a lot in making the place feel like home. We can't wait for you to visit us and see it for yourself.[/quote:1iq1az29] Ok so I'l say something like, "thanks for your generous wedding gifts, we're going to have a great time getting locked :hic on it on our honeymoon :o0 :o0 Thanks for the replies girls :wv[/quote:1iq1az29] Hmmmm ... maybe honesty isn't always the best policy! :o0
[quote="blue_swallow":3khy6f3h][quote="she":3khy6f3h][quote="blue_swallow":3khy6f3h]I think it's customary to mention what you'll put the money towards, such as: Many thanks for your generous wedding gift. As you know, we are doing up our new house at the moment and this will help us a lot in making the place feel like home. We can't wait for you to visit us and see it for yourself.[/quote:3khy6f3h] Ok so I'l say something like, "thanks for your generous wedding gifts, we're going to have a great time getting locked :hic on it on our honeymoon :o0 :o0 Thanks for the replies girls :wv[/quote:3khy6f3h] Hmmmm ... maybe honesty isn't always the best policy! :o0[/quote:3khy6f3h] I think you right :wv