How early did you tell someone your news??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mrsryan2be Posts: 231
Besides DH, how early have you told someone you are pregnant?
Anne Cordelia Shirley Posts: 4731
12 weeks family, after that told friends. I'm not comfortable with very early pregnancy announcements. If we have another I'd hope to wait at least as long before saying anything.
bobby2012 Posts: 644
I chose 4-6 weeks because with all our kids we told family/close friends around that time, just when we found out. Never found out before 5 weeks so obviously not before that.
jamseyjo Posts: 1132
Myself and my friend were trying at the same time so told her shortly after I found out. Told my mam as soon as I found out. I told s girl in work when I was about 7 weeks and really regret that cos she wasn't impressed at all, thought she'd have to do more work I suppose. I'm on 2ww at the moment but don't think I'll be as quick to tell next time.
cheekywife2011 Posts: 1076
Have to say i dont have the urge to tell anyone yet poor hubby let the cat out of the bag to his boss though cant hold his own pee!!!! Only about 6 or 7 weeks gone and would like to know everything is ok before telling anyone
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
Statistically, you're at as much risk of miscarrying at 12 weeks as you are at 9 weeks once a heartbeat is detected. People normally wait till 12 weeks as that's usually when the first hospital scans are. If you've had a scan a bit before this and feel comfortable telling people then there is no harm in it at all. I look at it this way- would I want this person knowing if I had a miscarriage?? If they answer is yes then I don't see any harm in telling them. I had an early miscarriage and because nobody knew I was pregnant, nobody knew what I was going through and it's very hard to carry that around on your own. Each to their own- once you're comfortable telling then tell.
Shells Bells Posts: 650
Hi agree with Regina. I had a miscarriage during the summer and I was so glad I had told my mum and sister. It would have been too difficult to go through without them knowing. Tell when you're comfortable telling and tell who you want to. If I'm lucky enough to get pregnant again I will tell early again as I will need the support of my family.
23Daisy Posts: 416
[quote="ReginaFalange":3cweolep] I look at it this way- would I want this person knowing if I had a miscarriage?? If they answer is yes then I don't see any harm in telling them. I had an early miscarriage and because nobody knew I was pregnant, nobody knew what I was going through and it's very hard to carry that around on your own. Each to their own- once you're comfortable telling then tell.[/quote:3cweolep] +1 to the above. I told my mam straight away, I'm very close to my mam I tell her everything so I couldn't imagine keeping it from her. I also told my sisters and a close friend who had asked me to tell her ad she wanted to be on ml at the same time. Everyone else was told after 12 weeks. It's a personal choice. I'm not into big announcements, I drip fed my news to people as I wanted to.
jamseyjo Posts: 1132
Def +1 to Regina. I had early mc there 2 months ago and told friend, mother and work colleague. Was great to be able to talk about it. Now I'll know if in preg at end of week but might just ha off til after Xmas to tell mother, she's a worrier and I think the later I leave it to tell her the better.
Shells Bells Posts: 650
[quote="jamseyjo":2zujyp77] Now I'll know if in preg at end of week but might just ha off til after Xmas to tell mother, she's a worrier and I think the later I leave it to tell her the better.[/quote:2zujyp77] Best of luck Jamseyjo!