How early for a grobag?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

babyluck Posts: 764
Hi With a six week old and the cold. How young does baby have to be before using a gro bag. Baby weighs 4 kg plus
jen2 Posts: 3106
Think the smallest one is from 3.5 kg. Now that's from memory.
MammyG Posts: 565
I think it depends on the grobag. We have the mama and papas ones and baby had to be 10 pounds for it. Hth
Daff Posts: 11644
yeh look at the grobag. A lot are from birth ie. 7.5lbs there abouts. For practical reasons BFing I used blankets for the first few weeks but then grobags all the way. DD1 is nearly 2 and still in them! they're brilliant and takes away all the worry. In this weather I have a long sleeved vest under the babygro and then a 2.5 tog grobag over it.
AmandaMc Posts: 1813
I'll be using grobags also- keeping an eye out for some good deals when the sales start! Can I ask those of you who are already mums- during the summer do you use 1 tog ones? If it's a warm summer or do you stick with 2.5 togs. And during the very cold nights (like last year) is 2.5 enough? Suppose it just sounds so light compared to our 13 tog duvets! OP- sorry for hijacking your thread!
Daff Posts: 11644
depending on how hot it gets in summer I use 1 or 1.5 togs and adjust the layering underneath... like take off babygro and just put in veset etc. In winter I layer up under the 2.5 tog one with fleece babygrow and longsleeve vest etc. I have one 3 tog one but very hard to find.
AmandaMc Posts: 1813
Thanks lovemybaby O-O