Menu

How early is too early?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

booboo Posts: 622
Did any of ye go dress shopping 18 mths before the big day? I rang a shop today as I saw one of her dresses in a bridal magazine a I just cannot wait to try it on...I love it She almost dropped the phone when I said that my wedding wasn't for another 18 months..claiming it was way too early..so I had to bull sh#t and say that we might be bringing the wedding forward til end of nxt year..She was ok then... I just want to see if the dress suits me..I have looked at a million mags and its the only one that really stands out for me...
aoife1 Posts: 333
Hiya If you think you're bad, I'm not getting married for another 21 months!!! And I've been looking at mags and websites non-stop! I fully intend to go trying on dresses and lie through my teeth that it's Sept 06 and not 07 that I'm getting married!! I couldn't be bothered listening to salesgirls looking at me like I'm a freak and "way too early"...it's none of their business IMO. So go ahead and go for it I say! Happy shopping Aoife1
corkpk Posts: 12
my advice would be wait for a while before you buy the dress. By all means go and try on the dress and tell a white lie as to the real wedding dtae. I bought my dress in June 05 and Im not getting married till June 06 and although I only saw the dress once I am very unsure as to whether I'll still like it. I am actually going back today to try it on. So fingers crossed.
booboo Posts: 622
thx girls...I have no intention of buying it now..but I really wanna see if I even like it ya know...good luck..corkpk hope u still like it!!!
I Do Posts: 102
I dont think your mad, I was a bit like that at the start when I got engaged, I was full on planning it, then one day I just realised it was so long away (well not anymore, 9 months aaaaggghhh) but I just got all weddinged out - plus I also didnt want it to take over my life (I know it does)! So I only start organising things again a few weeks ago, Im so excited and really enjoying it now. But we all go at our own pace, just enjoy it!