Menu

How fattening is white wine??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Decisions11 Posts: 1246
I :lvs white wine. I didn't think it was as fattening as beer but just found out its worse as its filled with sugar, is this true?>?
Momof2 Posts: 3884
As a hardened wine drinker there are up to an amazing 1000 calories in a bottle so someone told me anyway she said if you've two bottles at the weekend its like eating an extra days food.. I was like :eek Sorry to be the bearer of bad news
Decisions11 Posts: 1246
Thanks, I needed to hear that.. bye bye white wine :o(
Carmcd Posts: 146
Anyone know what the WW points are for a bottle of wine off hand?
chloe2009 Posts: 454
[quote="Carmcd":3rrvk1bk]Anyone know what the WW points are for a bottle of wine off hand?[/quote:3rrvk1bk] My lead used to say 7 to 7.5 for a bottle of white wine but I used to count 8 to be on the safe side - she used to tell us to save 2 points a day then we could have our vino at the weekend with out worrying!
Carmcd Posts: 146
Cheers Chloe, that is not too bad actually!
Couple Photography
sugarkk Posts: 1384
To answer your question - not in the least bit fattening! There is no fat at all in white wine - but I think you're wondering about the amount of calories in it. As previous poster said, there's 7.5 points in a bottle of wine - that's at a percentage of about 9 or 10. If you were having a much higher percentage bottle, that may go up to 8 points. Anyhoo, red is the same as white and compared to drinking beer, which has far more calories, wine is by far the better choice. Alternatively, any "white" spirits with a diet drink or sugar-free tonic is about the same. Enjoy your few glasses, as long as your not knocking back bottles every night it isn't the worst sin in the world.