How Healthy Are You Eating Now??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Christmas B Posts: 6191
[color=indigo:318mhmn4]I'm really trying to eat healthier for the ickle one inside but I'm afraid I'm not eating enough veg etc!! Every morning I have toasted brown bread, sambo & fruit for lunch, could have crisps in afternoon the odd day and dinner is usually good!! I'm not eating chinese / thai / indian foods cos the smell of them just makes me want to hurl now but I just kind of feel guilty as I'm not having veg every day!! I know I'm probably worrying over nothing but are you all eating super healthy now??[/color:318mhmn4]
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
I would have the following Usually: Toast or cereal for breakfast with a cup of coffee Midmorning: Banana and a yogurt Lunch Sandwich or wrap With tuna or chicken with salad Dinner Usually chicken/turkey or fish with veg and potatoes Always try and have a pint of milk,fruit juices and about 2litres of water a day. I am eating what I want to be honest but always make sure I get my intake of cheese,milk and fruit and veg. I have eaten chinese food and chippers,crisps and chocolate I just finding eating is my new addition :-8 :-8 Kind of feel a bit embrassed now for some reason :-8 your doing really well if your not a veg person maybe try the Knorr drinks?they might help?
pattie Posts: 2379
Sounds good enough to me. I'm not great for veg either so I try to have homemade veg soup when I can and extra fruit instead or fruit smoothies. Juice counts as one fruit portion a day too.
Tigletts Posts: 2904
Breakfast isn't always great during the week, but I try to have cereal or toast. At the weekend, I always have a big breakfast of 2 boiled eggs and loads of toast, followed by more toast and cheese or jam. I don't drink milk cause it makes me sick (thanks to my lovely aunt who forced me when I was about 2) but love cheddar cheese so think I'm getting my calcium. And yoggies too. Lunch I normally get spud and veg from the canteen. Dinner can be meat or fish, with veg and spuds, always spuds!, or rice or pasta dishes. Or sometimes my chef (DH) will make us a big salad. I drink lots of juice and water. But I'll also have my chocolate or my dessert or a glass of wine at the weekend if I want it....... cause I bloody well deserve it :o0
Maybebaby1 Posts: 558
this is a question i was going to wait to ask until I actually do fall pregnant but as I am TTC I suppose I need to really start thinking about all this. I am a bit worried cause I dont eat any veg! None nada zip. I eat spuds and tomatoes and thats about it. What am I going to do? Are there vitamins I can take or some other replacement - any advice would be great! thanks girls :wv
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
[quote="Maybebaby1":12hkyjr4]this is a question i was going to wait to ask until I actually do fall pregnant but as I am TTC I suppose I need to really start thinking about all this. I am a bit worried cause I dont eat any veg! None nada zip. I eat spuds and tomatoes and thats about it. What am I going to do? Are there vitamins I can take or some other replacement - any advice would be great! thanks girls :wv[/quote:12hkyjr4] Your not supposed to take anything other than Folic Acid unless told by your doctor,I can only suggest the drinks for vitamins not really sure
Little Miss Silly Posts: 457
Good question maybebaby1. I don't eat veg either and was starting to worry when I was reading this post and no chinese for a whole 9months would be a nightmare. I think I'm going to have to rethink this baby thing :o0 , but seriously what can one do or eat instead of veg to ensure a healthy pregnancy?
*bubblez* Posts: 1599
all I'm eating at the moment is carrot, swede and potato mash from m&s!! I can try blame it on the baby but there's no point I'm just addicted to the stuff
Tigletts Posts: 2904
[quote="*Bubblez*":1kg62z9o]all I'm eating at the moment is carrot, swede and potato mash from m&s!! I can try blame it on the baby but there's no point I'm just addicted to the stuff[/quote:1kg62z9o] I have to agree! Any time I go there I buy tons of the stuff. I put ham into mine sometimes ....yum..yum..yum !
*bubblez* Posts: 1599
yes I've started putting roast chicken into it, its soo delish