Menu

How is everying going for you all

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

xlexi Posts: 595
Hi All, Just wondering how long everyone is engaged where and when is the big day and how are the plans coming along? I got engaged in Feb, I'm getting married on 18th Jan 2009 in Koh Samui Thailand so far I have the ceremony and reception booked through a planner over there so all I have to do is made choices about most things like flowers and food etc and they will organise it. I have my dress, veil and tiara, that about it for now. How is everything going for you guys?
MrsMcM Posts: 311
Hi, I'll be engaged 11 months when we get married. You'll have a ball in Thailand. A relative got married their a couple of yrs ago and it was gorgeous, cant remember exactly what part of Thailand it was though. The hotel and wedding planner were great by all accounts. Good luck with it all *)
clonmelbride2008 Posts: 68
HI I'm engaged 16 months now and I'm so sick of waiting. We were both doing a masters in college so decided to give ourselves time over the summer, after finishing college to put finishing touches to plans. Have everything done really except mass booklets, underwear (think I'll wear an old reliable granny one for comfort), and jewellery. I'm sure I'll start panickingin the next month when I realise I have forgotten a load of things but I'm so sick of trying to remember what has to be done.
peaches13 Posts: 91
I'm engaged since Apr & wedding is Next March & I'm panicking already...Raced ahead & put dep on Hotel, photographer Band & now wondering if i'd be better off just heading away marrying and come back to big party! Adding up today & 30k is my guess price! Am I mad?
OAT Posts: 2207
We'll be engaged 2 yrs when we get married. Got the Church, Venue, Photographer booked. Not alot done actually, must pull a finger out :o0
Le Chiffre Posts: 223
Morning Girls :wv Wuhu its Friday :o)ll We will be engaged 17 months when we get married.. :o)ll
mollyeile Posts: 2486
I'll be engaged 34 months when I finally get married :-8
clonmelbride2008 Posts: 68
[quote="Mollie-Babe":1k0nvncx]I'm engaged since Apr & wedding is Next March & I'm panicking already...Raced ahead & put dep on Hotel, photographer Band & now wondering if i'd be better off just heading away marrying and come back to big party! Adding up today & 30k is my guess price! Am I mad?[/quote:1k0nvncx] No yuor not mad. €30k is the average now as far as I know. If you want to drop everything and head off, do it. The shit will start shortly with family telling you who can and cannot invite. I just told them all to [email protected]@k off and reminded them who is getting married and who is paying for it. If your strong enough to stand up for yourself you will enjoy your planning....have fun.
McLovin Posts: 185
I got engaged in February and after booking a few things, we kind of had a slump for a while. I'm keen to get back into it now though! We're getting married in May 09 so we'll be engaged a total of 15 months.
winter08bride Posts: 863
We got engaged last Nov in Monte Carlo....Ooooooh it was so lovely. I love being engaged & cant wait to be married. Our big day is November so we'll be engaged a full year. Have the hotel, photographer, band & DJ, dress, bridal party chosen, oh and honeymoon decided on.....have to do everything else :-8