How late can you fly - do Ryanair / Aerlingus have policies?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

JourneyNo2 Posts: 220
Hi Guys Just wondering before I try and root this info out on the aerlingus and ryanair websites - does anyone know what their policies are on pregnant women flying. Also how late can I leave it to fly to a european city - ie short hall - is it 32 weeks? - and do I need a docs cert??? Any info would be great ta?
red_rubies Posts: 2424
[u:aqtl6ilq][b:aqtl6ilq]Ryanair:[/b:aqtl6ilq][/u:aqtl6ilq] In order to ensure the health and well-being of both mother and baby, the following policy is in place: Once an uncomplicated single pregnancy enters its 28th week, you are required to carry with you a 'fit to fly' letter at either airport check-in and/or the boarding gate (dated within 2 weeks of your booked flight) from your midwife/doctor stating the following: •Your pregnancy is uncomplicated •Your date of delivery •Confirmation that you are in good health and fit to fly Ryanair reserves the right to refuse travel if a passenger over 28 weeks pregnant does not present to carry with you a "fit to fly" letter from their midwife/doctor. [u:aqtl6ilq][b:aqtl6ilq]Aerlingus:[/b:aqtl6ilq][/u:aqtl6ilq] Passengers Travelling while Pregnant Between Ireland and the UK You may travel up to week 32 of pregnancy with your doctor's written permission. Between weeks 32-35 your doctor must complete an Expectant Mother Travel Advice Form. Click here to access this form: Expectant Mother Travel Advice Form. Aer Lingus will not carry any passengers over 36 weeks for any part of their journey, outbound or return. All Other Routes You may travel up to week 28 of pregnancy with your doctor's written permission. Between weeks 28-33 your doctor must complete an Expectant Mother Travel Advice Form. Click here to access this form: Expectant Mother Travel Advice Form. Aer Lingus will not carry any passengers 34 weeks or over for any part of their journey, outbound or return. Ireland, UK and Continental Europe originating passengers will need to fill out the Expectant Mother Travel Advice Form signed by their doctor and send it by fax to 00 353 1 886 6868. Click here to access this form: Expectant Mother Travel Advice Form. Passengers are required to provide a minimum of 48 hours notice of their intention to travel. Please contact Aer Lingus Special Assistance for more details. For contact details click here: Special Assistance. For uncomplicated pregnancies travel is not permitted beyond the following dates: •For an uncomplicated twins, triplets etc. pregnancy travel is not beyond the end of the 32nd week of pregnancy •For an uncomplicated single pregnancy travel is not permitted beyond the end of the 36th week of pregnancy HTH :wv