How long before you got engaged? - Page 2

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

chatter2cat Posts: 996
Ah well , my parents were married within 6 months of meeting - and 40 years on they're still together...! Does happen! *)
thirdtimelucky Posts: 857
We were together 16 months when we decided to get married, but didn't get engaged until 3 months later. We'll be 3 years together when we get married.
dyingtowed Posts: 5
Don't think he'd be shocked - it's something we've discussed already! No rush - just know I don't want to be with anyone else :-8
Tic Toc Croc Posts: 3710
I knew I was going to spend the rest of my life with H2b right from the start you just know when its right. Fair play to you *) but there are people that would think you were mad
dyingtowed Posts: 5
[quote="chatter2cat":2gz0tthh]Ah well , my parents were married within 6 months of meeting - and 40 years on they're still together...! Does happen! *)[/quote:2gz0tthh] WOW! Never heard of anyone getting engaged after 6 months let alone getting married that quick! Fair play :o0
joey83 Posts: 236
chatter cat, my parents were engaged after 3 months and are also still together....I think things were a little different in the 'olden days'...not being able to live together before they were married etc!
ozypozy Posts: 2950
We got engaged after 22 months. Had talked about it for a year though! Getting married in 09 and will be almost 4 years together then :wv
Kazzy Posts: 264
We got engaged after 11 months, we both knew from very early on that we had found "the one", so we knew that we were heading for marraige at some stage, so we decided not to wait around and bite the bullet !! Both our families were delighted for us when we told them, its gas the no. of people who said to us they knew it was going to happen soon, we must be so predictable !! We're delighted with our decision and looking forward to our wedding and our life together ! :xox
milis Posts: 7998
[quote="dyingtowed":3hx4mnso]Don't think he'd be shocked - it's something we've discussed already! No rush - just know I don't want to be with anyone else :-8[/quote:3hx4mnso] I was only guessing from your name :o0 Do you think you'd regret never getting the proposal?
Lizzy1 Posts: 4128
We got engaged after 3/4 yrs, we'll be 5 yrs engaged when we get married. We'll be 9 yrs together in October. :wv :wv