How long before you got engaged? - Page 3

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Gingham Posts: 3014
we were 6 years together before we got engaged and will be 7 and a bit when we tie the knot. didnt always know he was the one as we were quite young when we met and marriage was something "older" people did but did always know i couldnt bear to be without him.
Valkstar Posts: 2747
We were together 14 months when he proposed and it will be 2 years and 4 months when we get married *) We were talking about it after 2 months......h2b knew after 2 weeks but didn't want to scare me :o0
Mrs.July0408 Posts: 1842
[color=purple:3halsfjs]If you feel it's the right time, then go for it! :o)ll We were together nearly 8 years before getting engaged, we will have been together 9 & a half years when we marry this July! :lvs [/color:3halsfjs]
Gonetopasturesgreener Posts: 3556
Seven months....but we both knew much earlier. I knew I wanted to marry him by the second date, he says he knew by the third! We knew it was definately heading towards marraige withing a couple of months...I was expecting the proposal at Christmas '06, but he pounced in May! Nearly six months married now... :lvs
Tiernan Posts: 87
We got together at Christmas last year and got engaged on the 1st December just gone.....we just knew from the start we were right. We have known each other for years - from the same town. Getting married next year. x
pamaugust Posts: 68
We too were together only 10 months when we got engaged and I was only 18 :lvs and almost everybody said it would never work either we were too young or it was too soon and that we were mad!!! >:o( So we decided on a long engagement to keep everyone happy) So finally after 9 years to the day ( and two children) we are finally getting married!! :o)ll :o)ll ( for our first song we are having your still the one by Shania Twain. We think the lyrics say it all!! :o0 ) So my advise to u Dyingtowed is to go for it if thats what u both want and not listen to what anyone else says my only regret in the last 9 years is that i did
Mrs Princess Sparkle Posts: 3854
We were together 9 years & 364 days when he proposed! So 10 months in nothing in the scheme of things! :o0 We were still in school when we got together though
Gonetopasturesgreener Posts: 3556
[quote="pamaugust":w71bv82q]We too were together only 10 months when we got engaged and I was only 18 :lvs and almost everybody said it would never work either we were too young or it was too soon and that we were mad!!! >:o( So we decided on a long engagement to keep everyone happy) So finally after 9 years to the day ( and two children) we are finally getting married!! :o)ll :o)ll ( for our first song we are having your still the one by Shania Twain. We think the lyrics say it all!! :o0 ) So my advise to u Dyingtowed is to go for it if thats what u both want and not listen to what anyone else says my only regret in the last 9 years is that i did[/quote:w71bv82q] Fair play to ye!!! We had that song as our first song too...for a few reasons - the odd person said it was a bit 'soon', and DH had been seriously ill and I had been told a couple of times that he might not get well enough to see his wedding day....We proved them wrong! Best wishes and enjoy all the planning!
chatter2cat Posts: 996
H2B says he knew 2 years before we started going out! We were great friends for those two years and he reckons he just had to wait for me to catch up with him - cheeky sod... still had to ask him out myself - never thought he'd actually propose - had all intentions on doing it myself eventually, but he beat me to it in the end! :lvs
mollyeile Posts: 2486
We got engaged after 15 months - I knew pretty quickly and so did he - expected the proposal to be late 07 but we surprised me on Valentines Day last year. Having a long engagement - almost three years so we'll be together just over four years when we wed