How long before you got engaged? - Page 4

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

goblyn Posts: 796
We were together 5 years when we got engaged and will be together 6 years and 1 month when we get married. I knew after 3 months but he took longer because he had been engaged before and it went very very badly!
Lorrainedear Posts: 229
We got engaged after a year and 5 months, we'll be 3 years and 5 months together when we get married *)
mrs.july Posts: 3167
He proposed the day after our 5th anniversary-I spent the anniversary itself on girly weekend! :o0 :o0 We talked about it from very early on though but I had only started college and wanted to get that pressure out of the way first and start earning to get apartment and money for wedding-we didn't want a really long engagement (well it will be a year and a half by time we get married!!)
rainyday Posts: 609
We were together for over 2 years when he proposed. Got married 7 weeks later......but actually having our proper wedding in August - so we'll have been together over 3 years by then!
jcc Posts: 284
We knew each other 7 months but were only going out together about 4 months when we got engaged. Had went on a few dates when we first met but fizzled out. Then met up again last feb and within 6 weeks we were talking about getting married and our future. Got engaged in June and getting married this June. I'm sure people thought we were mad rushing things but we knew we didn't want anyone else and we were both at the stage where we were ready to settle down.
marianf Posts: 5845
We got engaged 15 months after we met but we will be together 3 months to the day when we get married in December. Nobody even commented on the quick engagement. I suppose when everyone sees you together and knows that you are right for each other, they dont even think about how long it has been. Depends entirely on the couple though. I know someone who met their boyfriend around the same time as we met and if they got engaged after 15 mths, I would have thought it was daft!
TokenMale Posts: 6845
We got engaged 7 and a half years after we started going out, and NoZilla STILL didn't see it coming!
MrsChuffed Posts: 872
On the first date....seriously.
Higgs particle Posts: 4557
We will be together 12 and a bit years when we get married. We haven't really gotten engaged (no ring and just booked the wedding) but we did thta when we were 11 years going out. I have changed my mind now though and am getting a ring next month for our 12th Anniversary. Seems like a long time but we are still very young, so it probably wouldn't have been right to get married before now anyway
23skidoo Posts: 1272
We were together about 3 weeks when we knew we'd be getting married! :o0 :-8 But ages being as they were I don't think anyone would have taken us seriously! (I was 15 he was 18! :eek) I wouldn't have done it then anyway, even if it had been legal! We ended up agreeing to get married after 4 years, engaged just after 5 year anniversary, was another year before we set a date and we will be together almost 8 years when we do tie the knot! *)