How long before you got engaged? - Page 5

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

2009 Bride Posts: 990
We we're together seven years before he proposed but thats because we started going out with each other when we were both quite young. We will be together nine years the year we marry!
Shannoncailin Posts: 1038
We were together 3 years beginning march and got engaged 'unofficially' 31st May. Made it public end August. So just over 3 years really. *)
glowgal Posts: 949
6 Years before got engaged but I think we would have been a bit young to do it any sooner so it was the right time for us.
Spudnik2b Posts: 1804
He proposed a month after we were together 3 years, we had talked about getting married in the future and he always said to his friends, he'll say yes when she asks me on the leap year!!! He surprised me then last July and we are getting married this June. We will be together 4 years & 1 day the day we get married (I wanted a Saturday wedding!!!). We both knew very early on though.
Dora the explorer Posts: 1570
We were together 2 years 1 month when we got engaged and will be together over 3 and half years when we get married. People were surprised when we got engaged but I am nearly 30 and he is 4 years older so we are not kids and knew what we wanted.
gerbil Posts: 3528
we got engaged 5 months after meeting, 3 months after starting to date :) we'll be getting married 18 months after first meeting :)
blissful2b Posts: 1555
don't think time should have anything to do with it. *) if you've found the one and you both know, then it doesn't matter how soon or how late ya get engaged... :xox
Psycho Sue Posts: 1875
We were together nearly 10 years when we got engaged, and 11 years when we got married. :-8 >:o) But we were yough when we started going out, so we were in no rush!
mommee Posts: 21
We got engaged after 18 months (the day after our ds was born :stork: ) but we had been talking about it after two months of being together :xox I don't think anyone would of taken us seriously then though as I was only 19 and he was 20. We are getting married in July and will have been together 4yrs and 3months then. Can't wait :heartbeat:
Mrs Cuddles! Posts: 835
together 2 years and will be 4 years going out at the time of the wedding. people thought we werent going out long enough when we got engaged. when you know you know, you know? :o0