how long did it take for your birth cert to arrive?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Princess Lisa Posts: 379
I sent mine and H2Bs off 3 weeks ago and no sign of it yet. Have to go to register the marriage in 2 1/2 weeks so beginning to wonder if I didn't leave enough time! Sent it to this address: Office of the Registrar General, Government Offices, Convent Road, Roscommon, Co. Roscommon Ireland.
monkeybear Posts: 1926
Why did you have to send it off? i dont think we sent ours away we brought it with us along with our passports, and the rest of the info
hi - neither the pair of us could find our bith certs so we had to send away for them in order to have them with us when going to register marriage. I'm useless with paperwork!
Gummiebear Posts: 2911
Hey Princess lisa are you registering in Joyce house in Dublin? If so we just got H2B's birth cert before we went up to meet with registrar. Just go in a bit earlier. :wv
spanishb2b Posts: 1261
It might be worth ringing them to rush it along!!
littlemisshopeful Posts: 6101
Just went to the office and got mine over the counter. €10 but got it in 5 minutes.
thanks Gummi Bear - we are registering in Joyce House! If I'd known we could get the certs there I wouldn't bother have sent of those forms! that's a load of my mind!!!
wedded bliss Posts: 303
Theres a website for births , deaths & marriage certs & you receive the birth cert in the post within 2 days.
Gummiebear Posts: 2911
[quote="Princess Lisa":1ntmnevh]thanks Gummi Bear - we are registering in Joyce House! If I'd known we could get the certs there I wouldn't bother have sent of those forms! that's a load of my mind!!![/quote:1ntmnevh] No probs hon it literally took a few mins. You just fill out a form and hand it in and then pay 10 euro. You can go on up to registrar in the lift then. At least you know you have that option now if your other ones don't arrive. ps make sure you know what hospital ye were born in. H2b didn't and had to ring his mam :o0 :o0
ela28 Posts: 2552
we applied online and had them in 2 days :wv