How long did it take to conceive after coming off the pill

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

midnightqueen Posts: 582
Hi all, Just wondering how long it might take to conceive once i come off the pill!! I know everyones different but just looking to get an idea how long other wollies had to wait?
wifey4lifey Posts: 306
hey mdnightqueen, i came off the pill for my first child when i was 23 and i was exactly a year trying ;o) and now on baby no2 i came off it in september and got pregnant in january so about five months only the second time. started to get worried the first time, a whole year of not conceiving and the fact i was young then aswell but everyone is different so take your time and try not to think of it all the time :) best of luck :babydust: :baby3: :wv
Mrsdm Posts: 1136
I came off the pill 6 months before we planned to start ttc'ing as id been on it for over 10 years. got pregnant our 2nd month trying.
june08mg Posts: 77
I came off it in October after 11 years and got pregnant first month trying in November. Good luck :)
no2herewego Posts: 802
I came off the Pill in December and only took 2 months. Still cant believe we are so lucky!
MrsBuck Posts: 846
i came off the pill at the end of november and we got our BFP yesterday! So 4 months in total. Can't believe how lucky we've been :lvs
Ochre Posts: 877
Came off it in July, had a 45 day cycle, got BFP the next cycle!
Thanks Wolies, I was just getting an idea on how long it Might take. Was going to come off it in May but i think i might just come off it after my next cycle. I was hopeing it might take no more than 4 mths to get pregnant, dont think i would be lucky enough for it to happen straight away O:| I have been on it for 11yrs so id say it will take a while to come out of my systems. Fingers crossed it wont take tooooooooooooooooooooooo long O-O
elpi Posts: 748
Came off it in october and started actively trying in the january. conceived the first month but unfortunately miscarried at 10 weeks :o( Hopefully it'll happen again quickly
[quote="oct11baby":2fh9jeo0]Came off it in october and started actively trying in the january. conceived the first month but unfortunately miscarried at 10 weeks :o( Hopefully it'll happen again quickly[/quote:2fh9jeo0] oct11baby sorry to hear about your miscarriage hopefully it will happen very soon for you :action32 So I came off the pill on 27th Apr 2011 after 12yrs & unbelievably i am currently 2-3wks pregnant!! So basically happened within a week or so :hyper: :hyper: Both of us are in so much shock at the minute :eek We Just cant believe it happened so quick, i had done a test 2wks ago cause i knew there was something different but i got a PTN so didnt think anythiong of it O:| O:| Then i started getting dizzy & feeling not sick but kinda queezy at night so did another test on Monday just gone I got my PTP :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll We did another one last night just to confirm,we used the digital one and it came back the same and confirmed i was 2-3wks so just delighted. Just really hope everything goes ok, I have a docs appointment tomorrow to get it confirmed officially