How long did it take to organise your wedding?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

bingowings Posts: 1388
We're hoping to get married abroad next summer but have absolutely nothing organised yet. Looking at some of the things people have said, I'm begining to think that we're just fooling ourselves aiming for a next June or July.. How long did/will it take you to organise your wedding from start to wedding day?
pluto Posts: 3893
You have 9 months - that's loads of time!! We're getting married abroad as well. Got engaged in September, booked the date in November 05, for this November, but really didn't start organising anything til January. We're getting married in Lanzarote and there's a "wedding agent" over there that organises everything, and from reading here, most abroad venues have the same, which means you'll have even less to do. Honesly, 9 months is plenty of time!
Thanks soontobewed!
MrsWire2b Posts: 335
I think 9 months is loads of time. TBH once the hotel/church etc was sorted (9 months before the wedding) we did nothing for about another 3. I joined here just as the 6 month countdown started and while I talk wedding stuff a lot, I only really got started on the nitty gritty after the 4 month countdown.
Thats a relief. Hopefully we'll have the planner, venue and church sorted by the end of next month. After that I think the dress needs to be ordered 4 months in advance - is that correct?
pluto Posts: 3893
Bingowings, a lot of shops say give it 6 months. I ordered mine in February, and it's due in next week! But that's because the supplier gets the wedding date from the shop at the time of order, and they normally just send it out 6-7 weeks before the big day. It's never too early to start looking for your dress, and plus you'll enjoy it if you're not under too much pressure.
6 months!!! Ah well, on the bright side that'll be around the time of the January sales :)
notlongtogo Posts: 5040
Hi BingoWings, look for the dress asap as at least 6 months to order. As for the rest 9 months is loads. Most of the legal stuff cant be done before 4 months anyway. Im getting married in Dubrovnik and have a wedding planner, a friend is getting married in Cyprus and doesnt, its so less stressful to have one, so make sure you do.
Anonymous Posts: 24542
pluppy Posts: 3519
about 1 month, bought an organiser from m&s and worked hard on it for about 4 weekends and everything was booked, bought and organised with no stress involved granted some things have to be finalised like the ceremony, flowers etc but its all booked