how long did you hub/ partner take off work after baby?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Natanne Posts: 238
Just a quick question girlies! I was just wondering how long your husbands/ partners took off work after the birth of your baby or how long he is intending to take off if its your first like mine! Im trying to work out how long ill need help for as well! my hubby was thinking of taking the week off and my mum is coming down for week 2.. After that i dont know would you be ok then? what are the rest of you doing? Thanks a mil to all who got back to me on the early transfer home question i would be a lot more open to it now with all the positive feedback if im feeling ok i might just do it! Thanks girls!! god it wont be long now !! 7 weeks I bought my first nappies yesterday!!! :o)ll
Mari yay Posts: 4045
Husband gets 2 days paternity leave, then he will use up his holidays. He has 3 weeks booked off around my due date, that will be all his holidays, plus he is working up time too.
BusyDee Posts: 8527
3 weeks - 1 before and 2 after he only took the 2 weeks after as holidays - it was just a fluke the way his roster worked out that he ended up with the week before off. We knew for about a month before hand that I needed a section and was given a date, it was great coz we could plan things! Id definatly recommend a week after anyway!
MammyC Posts: 3621
3 weeks for dd And a month this time :) happy days! And they both start the day I go into labour,
28-sept-10 Posts: 1832
last time he took 1 week but i was in hospital for 5 of those days after c section so only had 2 days when we both came home this time he has 2 weeks built up that hes allowed take whenever baby arrives, then he will take 1 weeks holidays, so 3 weeks in total :o)ll im having a c section again and found recovery very hard last time so this time i will need alot more support with our 6 year old going to school etc as i cant drive for 6-8 weeks
Lily K Posts: 643
My hubby took 2 weeks. he's lucky in that he's in quite a flexible job and he could take the hols at the last minute and didn't have to book them, just gave them a general idea of when he'd be gone. Although he can work from home if needs be so he'll probably do the same this time. He was even talking today about taking 3 weeks. On your first though it's gonna be daunting whenever you're left on your own, whether it's after 1 week or 1 month. I remember watching the clock every day for about a week after he went back to work but you soon settle into a routine with just you and baby :lvs
amberjack Posts: 1273
I came home from hospital Easter Sunday, Monday was a BH and DH was back in work on Tuesday - had no option as family business. I was lucky that my mum came up each day to help me out, but I managed fine.
DollyMomma Posts: 1231
I was absolutely blessed, my husband works shifts and so can have up to 4 days off at a time so with those rest days plus annual leave and paternity leave he was off for close to 6 weeks in total. I loved loved loved our time together just the three of us in our little love bubble :lvs
ohsotired Posts: 7071
DH won't know until when the time comes around what he'll be able to take off if anything :o( Hopefully babs is born over a weekend so he'll definitely be off for that! I'm due in May but he will have the whole month of August off as he has no work in August so at least we will have that to look forward to!
Dot Cotton Posts: 1298
just got word today that my hubs will be able to take up to 6 weeks off woohoo :o)ll He works in the UK & is only home for 2 days out of every 14 so this will be fab to have him off for this amount of time! The company are giving him 2 weeks paternity leave & he can take up to 1 month unpaid - happy days :o)ll Now we just hope that he'll be home in time for the birth :eek