How long did your first labout last?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mcglick Posts: 463
say from waters breaking/first contraction
Gidz Posts: 290
31 hours............... :o0 Seriously..... This is a bad first reply,I should've waited till some 1 else replied. But it wouldnt put me off, id do it all again tomorrow...
Daisyboo Posts: 1347
Was admitted to the hospital at 6.30pm had ds1 at 6.24am the next morning,so 12 hours,though the day i went into labour,I had labour pains on and off from 8.00am in the morning. :eek
shiraz Posts: 770
11 and a half hours.Was induced so it was a short 1st time labour.Im due another baby so hopefully it might be a bit shorter.Everybody is totally different as you know,you could have your baby in 2 hours!!
McMummy Posts: 1041
3 hours 45 min :o)ll but I had 32 hours of pre labour contractions. At least I could stay at home with these but couldn't get any sleep so I was very tired by the time it was all over. Would do it all again tomorrow tho it was the best experience of my life so far.
Delish Posts: 4176
I voted 2-6 hours, but really it was 10.15 pm to 4.31 am. so about 6 1/4 hours but I was induced so it was intense, the intensity of the labour is important too :o0 if I do say so myself. I'm going again and this time round I'm not worried about the duration of the labour, just as long as babs number 2 will be fine. Was more afraid on my first, in fairness the midwives are great and so are the painkillers :o0
Gidz Posts: 290
EEEEHHHH what was wrong with me... :-8 My waters broke 4.30am Sunday night/Monday morning and baby wasnt born till MIDDAY on tuesday.. The girl in the bed next to me was 28hrs..
lovebug997 Posts: 4034
I started getting pains at 5am Tuesday morning but they were very bareable! Left for the hospital at 1.15am Wednesday morning, straight to the labour ward at 1.45am and dd was born at 2.06am!
mummytime Posts: 3149
had first contraction at 9.25pm on monday eve and ds was born at 10.38 on Tuesday. mc
december29 Posts: 395
from when waters broke - 37 hours and ended up with emergency c-section!