how long do period type cramps last?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

babythoughts Posts: 130
Hi Girls, Hope ye are all keeping well. Im just wondering about period type cramps, how long did they last for ye? Im 5 wks 2 days and mine dont seem as bad or seem to be cuming that often. They seem to be worse at night time i was getting the odd sharp pain during the night but now they dont seem so bad, im an awful worrier Im just afraid of my symptons disappearing. Im worried when I dont have them then im worried when I do have them. Also did anybody else have really sore boobs at night time. Mine are tender to touch during the day (maybe cause i keep poking them to make sure they are sore) but at night time they are tender and i get pains in them. Am I the exception to pregnancy rules............. I have myself driven nuts over the last few weeks how am I ever going to manage the next few months. :o0
Bellabobs Posts: 250
Im the same- im up the walls. My cramps would last for a minute or two and seem to be worse at night. I get them every day. Boobs were quite sore but are ok now-just a bit sore when i poke them-hence one of the reasons why im freaking out!!
babythoughts Posts: 130
Mine just seem to be sore at night. When I wake up to pee during the night thay can be really sore, so much that I cant even ly on my belly but then they are not too bad in the morning. I have cramps every day but now they mostly just kick in in the evening or at night but they dont last as long as they were. I think I noticed them more at the start because they frightened the crap outta me where now I know they are ok so mayb im just not noticing them because im not so tuned in or focused on them. Oh I dunno its such a confusing time. I do have a very dizzy head sumdays. I dont think im happy unless I have a pain that makes me feel pregnant.
adelz Posts: 3088
Im like you babythoughts, my boobs are very sore at night, when I get up to go to the loo they are sore. They seem fine during the day but at night I really notice them, even lying on my side I notice it. As for pains / cramps, I get a pain every now and again and it just passes, maybe just for a min or two and then it goes. I presume its just our bodies getting use to all this stretching and trying to make room for babs. :compress Best of luck to all with their pregnancy :wv