How long in a Moses Basket?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

hopingforsoon Posts: 1152
My plan is to have the LO in our room in a moses basket for the first while, as we are short of space, and then move him/her out to the cot in the small room next door to us after a while. I mentioned this to a friend at the weekend, and she was saying I'll only get a few weeks out of a moses basket as the baby will get too big for it! :eek How long normally would the baby be able to comfortable sleep in the basket?
Pumpernickle Posts: 206
I suppose it depends on the size of the baby but I reckon no more than 2-3 months.....
short n sweet Posts: 1802
My DD was only 5lbs when she was born so she is quite small and we got 10 weeks out of the Moses basket - we had heard that they don't last long so we borrowed one from a friend and bought a crib instead - we also don't have that much room - the crib gives baby much more space that the Moses basket & doesn't take up too much space
Dora the explorer Posts: 1570
normally about 6-8 weeks
under construction Posts: 3458
My DS was 8lb 5 ozs born and we got 10 weeks out of ours - then he was just too big that he was waking himself hitting off the sides of the basket
spanish mum Posts: 2468
What do you girl then do when he´s too big for it, as guidelines say to keep him in your room til around the 6 month mark? Our moses is in our room ready and our cot is made up already, in the nursery. Do you move him to the cot in his nursery sooner? Thank SB 36wk 2dys
Dora the explorer Posts: 1570
Maybe put the cot in your room? we are going to get a crib for ours
spanish mum Posts: 2468
we´d have to dismantle it to get it through the doorways, then make it back up again :o0 . Is everyone keeping the babbas in their own bedrooms il the 6 month mark, or if he grows out of moses at 4 or 5 months, are they putting them in the cot in the nursery then?
Sphynx Posts: 6795
We got exactly 12 weeks out of it (long baby).
Pumpernickle Posts: 206
SB - I doubt a 4-5 month old baby would still fit in a moses basket :-8 We have the cot set up in the baby's room and will have to dismantle it & put it together again in our room when the time comes... then dismantle it again & put it back in baby's room..... has to be done :wv