How long in Moses basket

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

daisy chains Posts: 235
Questîon for mum's how long do babies normally stay in a Moses basket before moving to a cot? Is it just a few months 3-4 or longer?
jamseyjo Posts: 1132
I got about 3/4 months! Towards the 4 months though I didn't have it on the stand, I put it in travel cot! Def got a lot more time outta mine yhan most do though, must have been a little bigger than most.
Anne Cordelia Shirley Posts: 4731
Depends on how big they are. LO got about four months out of it, she was nearly filling it at that stage. Some babies would only get a few weeks out of them.
Marvin Mole Posts: 1076
Totally depends on baby - my DD got 12 weeks but DS got almost 6 months!
MrsMommy Posts: 1112
Three months for my LO, he is very long so we then switched to a crib in our room.
SparkleX Posts: 1057
Depends on the size of the moses basket too! We looked at a few and there were a lot of small ones out there. The mamas and papas ones seem to be bigger, nice and wide. We got 5 months out of ours and DD was a long baby
wowza Posts: 556
About 4 months and dd is quite little.
PMA Posts: 113
DS was quite long, he got 9 weeks out of it, every time he moved his hands they hit off the sides and he woke himself up, had to move him to his crib then. I'd never waste my money on it again, I advise all my mates to borrow theirs.
ructions Posts: 2689
6 weeks. He hated it, I hated it so we put him into his cot in our room.
sunny1 Posts: 995
Our basket must be quite small as ds only lasted 7 weeks in it. He never slept great in it but by 7 weeks he looked way too big for it. I wont be bothering with it this time round.