How long is your band playing for?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

comprometida Posts: 143
Trying to decide between so many bands at the moment and hoping a bride to be or newly wed can help! How long would you expect a band to play for? Is 2 hours with a 15 minute break standard? Or a bit short? Would appreciate any advice!
LadyLizzie Posts: 1724
That sounds about right to me, think our band played 2 hours with 15 min break.
Mrsf2b2015 Posts: 14
Ours played for 2 hours, but had planned to play for 3 but set up got delayed due to speeches.
emalou Posts: 30
Hi, I play in a band myself and the standard length for a wedding would be 3 hours. Hope this helps :-)
MrsSparkle2B Posts: 1689
I think mine played for about 2.5 or 3 hours - prob about a 20 min break in the middle, im not actually sure but I think they all fairly standard. They started at 9.30pm and the DJ finished at 2.30am so between the two of them it all ran smooth!
CasualBride Posts: 574
A lot of them will specify themselves on their website / Ts & Cs how long they'll play for; I'm sure a lot of them get away with playing for less than 2 hours but as far as I've seen, it's the average.. 3 is at the generous end of the spectrum!!
EllieH Posts: 3
Hi all, I'm doing wedding band research myself and most I have come across play 2.5 -3 hours inc a short break. I think 2 hours is a little bit on the short side myself considering the cost of having a wedding band!