How long.....

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

top secret bride Posts: 235
should you get your wedding rings in advance? We haven't got ours yet just wondering when everybody else got theirs :wv
wishin&hoping Posts: 3666
I bought ours in November. Left them in jewellers though as I was afraid I would be constently trying it on
kellyk Posts: 634
Apparently O'Connors in Harolds Cross is very good and good value! Have not been yet though but know lotsa people who have bought there. :wv
MrsWhippy09 Posts: 2346
If you have to get your ring made to fit your engagement ring we were told by the jeweller to allow at least 6 weeks and to allow two weeks for ordering in any normal wedding band iykwim.
wingding Posts: 140
I figure we'll be ordering ours about 3 months in advance.
kellyk Posts: 634
Sorry I misread that post! :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0
Sheep Posts: 626
We bought ours when we picked up my engagement ring and got a big discount as we bought all three rings at once! So we've had our wedding rings since we got engaged basically! I hope that's not bad luck or anything! :eek At least I knew H2B was serious about it I guess! :o0
Twirler Posts: 1644
I ordered mine just before Christmas and was told it will be ready sometime in March. Getting it made to order though, so that's why it's taking so long.
top secret bride Posts: 235
I may get them this week :eek I've been a bit to relaxed about it!!
Insert-Name-Here Posts: 762
We got ours a year before the wedding, one reason was because I was dying to pick mine out :o0 But another was we just thought it will be another bill that we could get out of the way nice and early.