Menu

how long to bfp?!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

somanyqs Posts: 262
Hi all! Myself and my friend are both ttc we we're talking about how long it takes to get pregnant! Doc says come back if nothing in 12 months but just wondering how long it took from caution to the wind to bfp?! Sorry if this has been done to death! Merry Christmas hope no one gets "outed" not drinking!! xxx
McLisa Posts: 1815
I found this before on baby centre 30 percent get pregnant the first cycle (about one month) 59 percent get pregnant within three cycles (about three months) 80 percent get pregnant within six cycles (about six months) 85 percent get pregnant within 12 cycles (about one year) 91 percent get pregnant within 36 cycles (about three years) 93 to 95 percent get pregnant within 48 cycles (about four years) Don't know if that's any use to you but hopefully it gives you some hope? Wishing you all the best for 2014 and hope you get that well deserved bfp!!!
lollisue Posts: 507
There is no way to tell. First time we got a bfp on our first month. Second time it took 11 cycles. On average you have a 30% chance of conceiving each month if you dtd at the right time. 90% of couples get a bfp within 12 months. Those stats are according to my fertility clinic.
somanyqs Posts: 262
Thanks so much for your replies girls! I either know the he sneezed I got pregnant or off to fertility clinic few years later don't know anyone inbetween! Due to ov over Christmas so not sure how much bd can do not holding out much hope tho!