HOW LONG UNTIL I GET MY WEDDING PHOTOS

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

pipsnips Posts: 260
how long did people have to wait until they got there photos? :weep :weep IM TWO AND A HALF MONTHS AND MY PHOTOGRAPHER WONT ANSWER MY EMAIL OR TEXTS?
Girl Posts: 195
We got proofs after about 10 weeks and album after about 5 months. And that was fast compared to some photographers I've heard of!
AwkwardAnnie Posts: 2191
Could you PM me the name of the photographer. I've heard a lot of bad things about a photographer in my area... I wonder is it the same one??
lisaodwyer Posts: 25
Did your photographer tell you how long when you met him or her or include the time in your contract? It usually takes me 2-3 weeks to get the photos done and a disc sent out to the couple, and then albums can take up to 6 weeks after the couple chooses their images. I think 2 1/2 mths sounds a bit long, but everyone is different.
dmcphotography Posts: 1365
Hi. Lisaodwyer is spot on for the time it should take with the exception of Graphistudio Italian Storybook wedding albums which can take up to 10 weeks to arrive from Italy after the order has been placed. The sooner that the couple choose the photographs for the album from their proofs the sooner they should have the album. Just to give an example I photographed a wedding for a lovely couple on the 9th of June, I delivered the proofs to the groom June the 27th when they returned from Honeymoon. I had an email from the couple with the list of photographs for their wedding album on the night of 30th of June, I designed a proof layout of the album and met them to approve the layout on Friday night last the 8th of July and I will be delivering their completed album to them on or before Wednesday the 20th of July. So from delivery of proofs to final delivery of completed album that is only about three and a half weeks. David
vulgarpicture Posts: 571
Hi The length of time does seem a bit long, but I think i would be even more concerned about the lack of communication from him. If I heard nothing from him, I might start to get a bit cheeky and turn up on his doorstep!
lux Posts: 6270
We had some picture about a week after we got home from HM, so a month after wedding, just got our disk with pics. She offered to have the online gallery quicker but we weren't in a rush.
Rosewater Posts: 372
We got proofs about 4 weeks after wedding and picked up the album and dvd last week so about 10 weeks in total ~ was happy with that, he was in contact a bit to say how it was going and asking about songs for dvd etc.
KevinMorrisPhotography Posts: 266
Hi, to be honest there is no set time for production of photos. It could be anything from 2-8 weeks, but sometimes can stretch out longer. Remember as well that from the start of May through to mid September is peak wedding season and your photographer could have a lot of work on hand (and that in itself would be a good sign!) and then you have to bear in mind that most photographers put a huge amount of time & effort into producing the final images. On average you would be looking at least 3-4 days post processing and when added to a large number of wedding to get through the time can build up. However its better that they take their time and make sure they get your photos perfect rather than a rushed job, after all, they are to last a lifetime. Give your photographer a quick phone call and ask if they have any idea of when hey might be ready. Perhaps they can email you a few pics as a "sneak peak" just to set your mind at ease ? Hope it goes ok. Rgds Kevin