How long we're you waiting to hear from Hospital in drogheda

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Munchk Posts: 95
Hey :) Hoping someone might be able to help! Am 10 weeks but am yet to get any correspondence from Lourdes hospital in drogheda. Went to the doc when I was 5.5 weeks and signed form then! Just wondering how long is the norm to be waiting for that first appointment?
Twirl Posts: 5598
Hi there, Give them a ring. I think the norm is about 2-3 weeks but just ring them up and ask about your appointment. They are really friendly and dont mind at all. I rang them for mine when i didnt hear within 2/3 weeks and then a letter came after i got an appointment over the phone with a different time and date on it. I rang again and they told me to stick to the original date given over the phone. One thing to be aware of for your first appointment, get in early if you can and i could last 3-4 hours now you wont really feel it as you have your scan and blood tests and your so excited but bring a little snack in your bag with you. I will say one thing, the staff are just lovely. best of luck and congradulations on your pregnancy too.
rubymoon Posts: 756
[quote="Munchk":z8nekh5x]Hey :) Hoping someone might be able to help! Am 10 weeks but am yet to get any correspondence from Lourdes hospital in drogheda. Went to the doc when I was 5.5 weeks and signed form then! Just wondering how long is the norm to be waiting for that first appointment?[/quote:z8nekh5x] I was the same and ended up ringing them and they booked me in and then also sent me the confirmation letter. They seem to be alot busier than they were when I was last having a baby so I would ring them asap.
Munchk Posts: 95
Thank you so much for the replies I rang today and got the date of my first appointment, the 18th may can't wait :D Great advice re a snack will def remember that one esp as I'm constantly hungry!!!!
shootingstar Posts: 1340
I got a letter the day after I attended the Doctor!! I thought it was super quick!! But my first appointment in the hospital with his pregnancy was at 15 weeks but with DD was at 17 weeks!! A friend of mine was waiting on her hospital appt for 4 weeks, I kept telling her to call them!! She finally got her appt!