How long were ye together when you got engaged?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Ohnoshedidnt Posts: 273
We were together for 4 years and 5 and a half months :lvs
candlequeen Posts: 991
We'll be together 9 years this November. :lvs
AwkwardAnnie Posts: 2191
We were 8.5 years together when we got engaged - so you can imagine when we announced it lots of people said "about time!" Parents were very surprised though - I think they had just assumed we'd never get married.
Anne Cordelia Shirley Posts: 4731
We were together just over a year. When you know you know! Met, engaged, married and now a baby due before our third anniversary of the first date!
MyGirlLollipop Posts: 209
We were together 9 years when we got engaged and are geting married on our 10th anniversay :lvs
Ohnoshedidnt Posts: 273
[quote="Anne Cordelia Shirley":u0bs359e]We were together just over a year. When you know you know! [/quote:u0bs359e] Its so true. I knew from the very first kiss he was the one and i was only 18 :xxx
Happyout123 Posts: 299
Together 5 years when we got engaged, 4 years engaged so far and 2 years till the big day..would've loved to get married on our 10 year anniversary but i have a savage amount of weight to lose for me to feel happy about walking down the aisle so it's going to be on our 11 year anniversary!
SpillingMoonbeams Posts: 140
Ten months! We had already been discussing it for several months, no time like the present! :yelrotflmaosmilie: :lvs
MrsKP Posts: 372
17 years! Been together since we were 16 :lvs and yes, it's about time!
MrsAtobe Posts: 1158
We were together just over 3 years, but we both knew within weeks of meeting that this was it :) We first talked about marriage 3 months into our relationship.