Menu

How long were you looking for your dress?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mischa09 Posts: 1068
Hi I've been to about 10 bridal shops and i cant see anything i like. My wedding is 10 months away but i'm beginning to get a bit panicy! Maybe i should consider getting one made? Or can you recommend any shops/websites? Would really appreciate the help!! :wv
bumble Posts: 1980
I saw my dream dress in the first bridal mag i bought as soon as i got engaged. Never thought it would suit so went to 3 bridal shops before I decided to go to one that stocked the dress i loved..tried it on and it was the one. Everyone's taste in dresses is different ....i love Benjamin Roberts, Pronovia, also Rembo and Maggie Sottero. Describe the type of dress you think you'd like and we can suggest some designers? BTW 10 months is loads of time! I wasn't even engaged yet at that stage!!
Wow, i wish that could happen for me. I think i have an idea in my head of what i want and nothing i try on is matchingup to it. I'm looking for a [b:3f0tf71z]sweetheart neckline, lace detail, fishtail[/b:3f0tf71z]. Anyone come across a dress like this ???
angel3 Posts: 1572
Mine was the 1st dress that i tried on in the 1st shop! I went to 5 other shop's after this and went back and ordered it i just fell in love with it so much, anything after it that i tried on i was comparing to it! Would love to wear it again its fab O:o)
Frustrated Bride to be Posts: 64
I would say you would like the pronovias range have a look at pronovias.com. The dress I bought is pronovias and it was the 2nd dress i tried on nothing else would do me except it
Where did you buy it ?
Kettles Hotel
hotlips Posts: 433
I already wrote a post about this in feedback but try B-Couture in Arklow as they were brill!
Frustrated Bride to be Posts: 64
I agree with Hotlips, i bought mine in bcouture, bernie is great look at her website bcouture.ie. She is by far the best and nicest person that i have dealt with on my search for a dress.
Gonetopasturesgreener Posts: 3556
I got mine in Tracy Bridal - the first dress I tried on! I tried on a few others, but my mind was made up.
justme Posts: 1700
[quote="mischa09":1nuh1sbh]Wow, i wish that could happen for me. I think i have an idea in my head of what i want and nothing i try on is matchingup to it. I'm looking for a [b:1nuh1sbh]sweetheart neckline, lace detail, fishtail[/b:1nuh1sbh]. Anyone come across a dress like this ???[/quote:1nuh1sbh] The town bride had a dress like this earlier this year (girl in work got it)