how long were you ttc'ing for?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

buddylove Posts: 3288
Hey everyone. Sorry if this should be in ttc. But we are talking about starting our family next year. I have had issues with cysts and other things so in ways feel pressure to start in case it takes us ages. But then we want to wait until we are ready too. I know everyone is different but just for averages sake, how long were you / are you ttc for first baby? I hope this isn't insensitive.
Smileykaz Posts: 7296
We were very lucky and only tried for four months before getting pregnant. I was 33 getting pregnant and 34 giving birth. Do check out the TTC section for tips and advice and to chat to those trying at the moment. Best of luck to you! :babydust:
Sonas 2013 Posts: 57
We conceived the 2nd month trying. I was 36 falling pregnant and will be 36 when I give birth next month please God. Good Luck!
MrsMtoB Posts: 1212
Happened very quickly for us, after just one month of trying. Caught us a bit by surprise as we weren't planning it so soon but once we got used to it, it was all good :) good luck!
reine Posts: 1771
We were one month shy of 3 years trying when we got our magical BFP. I was 36 when I had my gorgeous little smiley bundle of joy. Best of luck. Hopefully your journey will be short and sweet. Agree with having a look in the ttc forum too. Lots of helpful advice in there.
Time For A Change Posts: 6885
We're 6.5yrs trying now, and tbh - we've given up, it's obviously not meant to be. :o( Finally the "just relax and it will happen", "I know someone who was Xyrs old when she became pregnant, so it [i:2x5l7i16]will[/i:2x5l7i16] happen" stopped after a few years. The only bit of advice my Mum gave to me, was not to leave it too late to get checked out - we gave it a year. Everyone else decided that they had a right to tell us what we were doing wrong, or what we had to do. A lot of tongue-biting was done over those years. :duh: I don't mean to be all doom and gloom, about it, but as SK says, pop over to TTC and you'll get some great advice. As Mum told me, give it a year and if nothing happens, have a chat with your GP. I know you shouldn't wish an ill-health on yourself, but what makes it even harder on us, is that we got all the tests done, and we're in perfectly good health. We are one of those couples who have "unexplainable infertility" Please God it'll be a short and easy road for you. :babydust: :xxx
holyshitballs Posts: 851
Our daughter was born 7 years after we started trying.
Time For A Change Posts: 6885
You don't have to give your exact age, but (roughly) what age were you when you started ttc, and what age were you when you were lucky enough to have your very own bundle of joy? I only met my hubby a month before my 30th, and I'm 40 now, so I think we missed the boat on that dream. I often wonder is the fact that I was on the pill for a good few years, the reason why it never worked for us, or at least a factor?
bluepolkadots Posts: 1237
We got pregnant first month trying. Wasn't on pill etc. I was 32 getting pregnant and had just turned 33 when DD was born.
holyshitballs Posts: 851
TFAC, sorry I thought I had said. I was 20, diagnosed with PCOS and we started. Hope you get good news soon, our BFP happened the month we decided to stop for a break. Not sure if it's just a coincidence or that my body was glad of the stress break? Continued taking my meds.