How many bridesmaids is everyone having

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

bride1975 Posts: 214
I'm only having one - my sister. Just thought it was easier than having to choose between friends, as would be v close to 5 girls and didn't want to insult any of them. now beginning to wonder if i should have had more.... the photos with 3 or 4 bridesmaids like so lovely
May09Bride Posts: 1050
I am having 3 - I dodnt want to leave anyone out in sharing my exciting day, have 3 very close friends so picked them - dont have any sister, if I did it might change things a bit. Go with your gut feeling
ohsotired Posts: 7071
We're having 2! Neither of us have any sisters so I've picked 2 of my friends - one I used to work with & one from college. Didn't want to choose between old friends from school etc so this works out best for us! :wv
blissful2b Posts: 1555
just the one! don't see the point in having 3!
frillynickers Posts: 1765
Im having three, twin sister and two friends. But Im the sane I have two sets of frineds and would have liked to ask one in particular but it would have caused ructions with the other girls so decided to just ask my other two friends who Im friends with the longest (the other girl is from the couples group i.e H2B's best mates etc). Ive been to weddings with 0, 1, 2 and 6 bridesmaids it all depends on who you want to take part and also if you can afford to pay for dresses etc for all of your BM's
gottabfp Posts: 5641
im having four, sister, cousin, best friend and his sister, yet still managed to offend people, but ivewanted 4 since i was planning my wedding when i was eight :o0 :o0
missymoo09 Posts: 210
I am having 3. I am having my H2B sister (She is the closest to a sister I have), one of my friends from home and another of my friends from college. It was a difficult choice as I would love to have all my close friends but not possible! However, I will ensure that all my close friends have an important part to play on the day through readings, prayers etc..
hoodieboodie Posts: 1200
I'm having 4 - 2 sisters and 2 best friends. I was chef bridesmaid for my 2 friends and younger sister so it was an easy decision. I decided years ago long before H2B came on the scene that I wanted these 4 as BMs.
Le Chiffre Posts: 223
Hiya Girls ! :wv I'm having four ! Still have to decide on dresses, love :lvs Jim Heljm collection ! Will prob wait until after Christmas to start looking..
moyra-smyth Posts: 511
Im having four! no sisters so its 3 friends and my cousin. Have to say they are all such great help so far!! Havnt got dresses yet but have a fabulous jim hjelm dress picked out!