How many courses are you having?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

robinsons Posts: 11
Hi guys Not sure whether to have soup or not? Was thinking appetiser, main and desert but afraid it will look stingy. I know all the oldies like their bowl of soup!!! :o0 Advise please
mrstee Posts: 927
i am in the same position as you. i just think so much food goes to waste and dont want to pay for it if it goin in the bin! at the same time i dont people to think i am a cheapskate and only have 3 courses and tea/coffee?!
Mrstobe10 Posts: 1793
Im having soup dinner dessert tea & coffee - ifs thats a course! I would love to have a cheese plate as I love cheese but I think it would be too much!!
BiaBlasta Posts: 1002
My opinion is that people should appreciate and enjoy whatever they are given whether it be a buffet or a 2 course or a 5 course meal. I'm having soup, starter, main and desert followed by tea/coffee purely because that's the package my hotel offers. I've picked one of the hotels set menu's (if that makes sense)
looey Posts: 624
I think it should be fine having those 3 courses. As long as the portions for the mains are nice and generous and seconds are an option. How many choices are you having for the mains. If you have 3 choices then people will be delighted.
FoxyLockz Posts: 2448
We were planning to have only 3 courses and we budgeted for it. Only then we read the T&C of booking the reception and it said we had to have 5 courses so be sure to check with your hotel!!!
xlexi Posts: 595
We are having: A starter (3 Choices) Soup Salad Main course (5 Choices) Dessert Tea/Coffee And we are also having a sea food bbq This is all standard at 37 euro per head, but I'm getting married in Thialand which is why its cheaper. Obviously people can just leave whatever they don't want.
the winner Posts: 4148
HI I had thought about doing this too but when I said it to the hotel they said no way... That we had to have a min of 5 courses... So A starter Soup Main course Dessert Tea/Coffee And NO OPTIONS as it was €10 extra PP to have an option on the main... so no options.. I love the hotel were using but some things really piss me off about it .. like option €10 and no corkage??? *)
Twirler Posts: 1644
We're having 5 courses - that's the minimum for our hotel. I know a lot of hotels do give you a min number so check your contract.
angel1978 Posts: 1154
We are having 5 courses too because its the minimum the hotel will allow. I think there are very few hotels that allow less. I know Newgrange is one of them that allows 3 courses but just check the fine print.